Slideout helper Jacks

StephenKatSea

If jacks are placed beneath a slide, loss of tire inflation can cause severe damage to the slide rams and associated equip. Slides are made to support the weight and should not sag. Believe most manufacturers do not recommend jacks under slides.

MotoLynx27x

If jacks are placed beneath a slide, loss of tire inflation can cause severe damage to the slide rams and associated equip. Slides are made to support the weight and should not sag. Believe most manufacturers do not recommend jacks under slides.

Thanks for the tip. Very good point!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

That is a myth, of course . . .

If the rest or your trailer is stabilized the way it should be (with jacks), then a low tire will not affect the leveling of the trailer.

The stabilizers aren't for "sag" . . . but stability of the slide out!

I have the slide out stabilizers . . . and I won't leave town without them!

The slideout used to bounce when moving around in it . . . but not anymore!

Attachments

• CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg
    CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 41
  • CamperJacks-IMG_0507.jpg
    CamperJacks-IMG_0507.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 31
  • CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg
    CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 32

MotoLynx27x

That is a myth, of course . . .

If the rest or your trailer is stabilized the way it should be (with jacks), then a low tire will not affect the leveling of the trailer.

The stabilizers aren't for "sag" . . . but stability of the slide out!

I have the slide out stabilizers . . . and I won't leave town without them!

The slideout used to bounce when moving around in it . . . but not anymore!

JohnD, what jack height did you go with? Thanks for the pictures. Really helps!

JohnD

JohnD, what jack height did you go with?

I don't remember the size, although it was the bigger of the two sizes at Camping World!

I put the slide out and measured the distance from the spot where I wanted to place them under the slide to the ground, and chose the set of stabilizers from that measurement.

MotoLynx27x

I don't remember the size, although it was the bigger of the two sizes at Camping World!

I put the slide out and measured the distance from the spot where I wanted to place them under the slide to the ground, and chose the set of stabilizers from that measurement.

Ok that's my next step then.. I'll do that in the morning and get them ordered. I've got some work to do on it to set the camper up for a trip next weekend anyway! I'm hoping my smoked roof vent cover and other things I ordered from CW show up this week so I can get them installed!

JohnD

We stopped in at our neighborhood Camping World (about 15 miles from here) this evening on our way to dinner.

Only picked up a couple of small items.

The two things I went in there for were out of stock.

My next project on the trailer is to replace the batwing TV antenna with a Jack antenna.