Slides and Level Up issues, possible bad relay

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
When ever we are putting in or out slides and also when retracting level up system the relays pop and need time to reset before completing process. I believe from earlier posts I need to swop out the weak relays and replace with new 80amp ones. Now for the question, we have a 2013 Key Largo so how many relays are there or do I need to replace? One or Two? Is it just for hydralic pump or is there another one also?

danemayer

Hi murry135,

You don't actually need to go to an 80amp breaker. At one time Lippert recommended that, but I don't think they do any more. If there's no bind, loose connection, or low battery voltage, a new 50amp breaker should do the job. There's just one for the hydraulic pump. All the hydraulic-operated jacks/slides rely on that same breaker.

I've attached a picture of the buss bar. Yours may look different, but note the breaker with a thick wire at top and bottom. That's not the one you want. You want the other thick wire that gets power from the copper buss bar that runs across the bottom.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 59

bdb2047

Lippert worked on my level up in Jan. The tech changed the 70a, I had installed, to an 80a. In the picture of buss bar and breakers the unused breaker in mine was a 30a. You could also tie the load side of the 50a&30a together . This was also recommened at one time.