Slides don't work !

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It's probably the circuit breaker
What RV do you have ?
Is it hydraulic ?
Do you have Level-up and is it working or not ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Snowbirds

I had the same problem! I checked the battery and it was dead. I charged it for about 15 minutes and I got the slides in. The trailer had been on shore power all summer but it didn't keep the battery charged so I must have a converter/charger problem. I have a 2014 Bighorn 35-85 and don't have a clue where the charger is located. I appreciate it if some one could clue me in. Good luck with yours.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
. I have a 2014 Bighorn 35-85 and don't have a clue where the charger is located. I appreciate it if some one could clue me in. Good luck with yours.
Your converter is located behind the basement wall. The wall is in two sections. remove the off door side first. You will find three or four screws in the UDC that hold one side in.
Before you do that, be sure to check the bank of 12 volt breakers. There is one that has a tiny reset button on the side of it. Press that button then check for 13 plus DC volts going into your battery.

Peace
Dave

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Like Dave said, before you go tearing down your basement wall, make sure your resettable breaker is not tripped. That prevents the batteries from charging. Its located up by your batteries and you have a row of circuit breakers with one of them that has a little black reset button on the side or bottom of it depending on which one you have and how they have them mounted. Find that and make sure that black button is not sticking out and the breaker tripped. If it is, just push the little black button and then your batteries will begin charging.

Rod

Oregon_Camper

I had the same problem! I checked the battery and it was dead. I charged it for about 15 minutes and I got the slides in. The trailer had been on shore power all summer but it didn't keep the battery charged so I must have a converter/charger problem. I have a 2014 Bighorn 35-85 and don't have a clue where the charger is located. I appreciate it if some one could clue me in. Good luck with yours.

1 - As stated, converter is behind basement wall.

2 - As you were plugged in all summer, have you checked the water level in battery?

3 - Did you flip all circuits off...then on again (inside trailer)? Sometime they look "on" but are really "off"

4 - Here is picture of the busbar. Look where I inserted the red arrows...that is probably where your reset button will be for the breaker.

5 - Do you have a voltmeter? You can test the converter by testing the voltage on the right side of the busbar (this time the white arrows). Make sure you've reset (on/off) all circuits first and you're then plugged into shore power.

6 - Any chance you have a battery cutoff switch, like I've circled in Blue and has blue arrow? If so, check that it is in the "on" position...you will see green behind selector. If you see red, it is off.

Capture.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds like the manual reset circuit breaker popped to me..
Just find it, reset it, and you should probably be good to go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Snowbirds

The circuit breaker was the problem. I reset it and it started charging. Thanks guys, I love this forum, it has pulled me out of trouble several times. Sorry to be so slow on the thanks, but we took off for Texas the next day. DW had to see our first great grandson! Of course I liked the little booger too!

davebennington

I had the same problem with our coach, I changed the breaker to a regular one. Now the question why have a manual reset-able vs a normal breaker.
I have had no problems that I am aware of so far (about 2 years).

dave

danemayer

I had the same problem with our coach, I changed the breaker to a regular one. Now the question why have a manual reset-able vs a normal breaker.
I have had no problems that I am aware of so far (about 2 years).

dave

Dave,

My speculation on why one breaker is manual reset and the rest are auto reset.

All of the auto reset breakers carry current only when you're pressing a button somewhere. For example, the button for the electric bedroom slide, or the button for the hydraulic pump to operate the landing gear. If something unexpected happens, you can let go of the button.

In the case of the breaker that connects the batteries to the Power Converter, power flows through the breaker when unattended. If there were a malfunction, a manual reset breaker would cut power and leave it cut. An auto reset breaker would just keep resetting, perhaps leading to bigger problems.

That said, on our Rushmore, either the factory or the dealer changed the manual reset to an auto reset breaker before we took delivery. That was 7 years ago.