Slides tearing up vinyl on Cyclone 4100 king

Dillon218

Our slides in living room and kitchen are ripping the vinyl floor. We have only had our camper since November and it did it the second time we had it out. Dealership told us it was not an adjustment issue and they can fix the floor but factory needs to find problem or it will continue to tear floor up. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

jimtoo

HI Dillon218,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The slide is not going to tear or rip the flooring if it is adjusted correctly. There are also rollers that the slide must move on and if one is broken or bolt came out it can cause a problem also.

Maybe you can look under the slide when it is closed and see what is causing the problem and go from there. If you don't get help from your dealer call Heartland, have VIN # and explain your problem in a very nice way. They may have another repair service in your area also that would work on your unit under warranty.

Let us know what happens.

Jim M

scottyb

No problems yet after 1 year, and we use our slides out a lot. Sounds like your dealer needs to just fix it and quit making excuses or do as Jim has mentioned.

Mizmary

We had a rip by the back slider and right in front of the door. It was like that when we bought it.

Gravel or debris has probably damaged the rollers in the slide. They need to sand down the slide rollers a bit so that they aren't rough. THEN fix the floor. But do it right with a Beauflor replacement - no silly vinyl patch. The vinyl patch doesn't hold up well. We haven't had anymore issues since the rollers were fixed.

I am thinking about getting some slide out slickers. You could use those in the meantime.

Owenfamily

Hello Dillon,

We had a slide rip our carpet. The had to replace the rollers along with a few other things and made some adjustment to the slide. Just rememeber to call Heartland and let them know of the problem. If you dealer won't or can't fix it then get with heartland and find a repair shop that just does service.

cb1313

My slide cut the floor on my kitchen side slide. The dealer filled the cut with a repair stuff and now I put a sheet of very thin plastic down before I retact the slide.

Cb

ParkIt

Some dealerships don't really get the slide adjustment thing and how it works, you may want to ask around to see if there is another dealership that can get them aligned properly.
The use of 'slickers' or something similar is almost becoming a must with our rolling earthquakes.

Theresau

Our slide ripped the vinyl floor. HL fixed at the Goshen rally. Adjusted the slides, put in skis, and filled in vinyl floor.