Something else to keep an eye on!

skyguy

This starts the fourth season for our 2010 Bighorn. Just spent three hours checking the bearings and brakes - all were fine!

While working on the front driver side wheel, I noticed a wire package just in front of the wheel the had rubbed enough on the tire, while towing, to eat through the plastic protection and also the wire insulation! Fortunately, it had not rubbed away enough to cause a short yet!

Some electrical tape, and a couple plastic ties, and I hope it wont drop down and rub again!

There are two wire "packages" in this area, this was the lower one of the two, and smaller of the two. The larger one goes into an electrical box mounted on the beam, this package disappears into a hole and into the underbelly somewhere.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what these are? There are two pairs, one white/white, one red/white.

Al S.

wdk450

Could this have been the electrical brake wiring?? There is 1 set going to each wheel.
Some pictures would help us help diagnose this.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Those wires might be the 12V lines for the kitchen slide light and the refrigerator. I think the wires for the brakes come out from the underbelly cover nearer the axles. Looking at photos of my axles, one has a red/white pair coming OUT of the axle tube and joined to two black wires that enter the underbelly cover. The other has two blacks joined to another pair of black wires from the axle tube.

skyguy

Definitely not brake wires. The brake wires drop down by the axle, inboard of the wheels.

Look in front of the forward wheel on the 3670 there are two sets of wires wrapped in black plastic sleeves. I'll see about a photo.

Al