SPARE TIRE REMOVAL Cyclone 3795

We purchased a used 2007 3795 and seem to be mssing the tool for lowering the spare tire down from its carrier/hanger behind the axles .

Is there a replacement tool or a suggestion for a tool to make or purchase for this purpose. It seems to be on a crank similar to spare tire mounting under a pick up with a cable and a roller.

Thanks in advance

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You can probably order one from HL parts. Give them a call and make sure you have your VIN# handy.

porthole

Retired
If you have the slide out rack in the rear there are two tools, one is just a hook tool, to grab the carrier to push or pull the assembly. Be careful using your hands, it hurts when you get you thumb caught - don't ask how I know.

truknutt

Committed Member
As porthole said, there is only the Hook to slide the spare assembly toward you after you remove the black plastic storage box. I use a ratchet/socket with extension.

gpshemi

My rack doesn't slide. It just lowers straight down. You have to crawl under and wiggle the tire out.

I have mine out currently to modify to carry two spares and to move it up front just in front of the axles like the Fuzions are.
Eventually, I'm going to remove the 4" tubing on the rear jacks as well and maybe move them forward as the wires will allow.
I'm tired of dragging the spare and jacks on small inclines.

porthole

Retired
I have only dragged in one area so far, my driveway! So I do it twice, every time we go out.
My rear jacks just hit as well as the spare tire. What I was doing to minimize the issue is to dump all the air in the truck bags.
This keeps the dragging to a minimum. I can stop it altogether If I load the bike and golf cart at the end of drive.

But now with the the LevelUp there is nothing I can do to stop the rear jacks from hitting. I am planning on adding to the frame alongside the rear stab jacks (2x2 box tubing) with heavy duty casters mounted to the box.

gpshemi

I get it in my driveway too! So I'm at least twice a trip. I do the exact same thing as you. I dump the air in the bags, but frankly I get very little extra clearance by doing it. I suppose it helps when it does actually drag though. Might make the truck squat more.

I thought about adding casters too, but I'm not sure I really want to bridge the trailer by the frame like that either. I'm going to raise the trailer on the shackle hangers and see what that does for it first.

porthole

Retired
I thought about the load, but I am thinking of only setting the height to just clear the jack pads, and it would be only be for a moment.

I can raise my LevelUp jacks but at the cost losing some height.
I may also just try some 2x8's at the bottom of the driveway. That may add enough height through the wheels.
BTW, I measured the height change with the bags inflated, deflated. About 1.5" change.

gpshemi

1.5" on a 3010. My additional problem is I'm just a hint high in the nose. So that hurts the back some too. I need to adjust the hangers to level it out.