Spring & Ubolt problem.

We have checked the user manual & our problem is not covered in that book. Every time we go out I have to crawl under the camper & make sure my u-bolts are tight. Three times we have lost a leaf or two out of the springs which causes the u-bolts to break. We then have to be towed. I am 75 yrs old and getting under my camper every time is a major accomplishment Would you pleas call me & help me solve this problem. I do not want to go any distance any more due to this problem. I have been camping for 45 years and have never had a problem such as this. This is the first lemon we have had. Waiting to hear from you. My cell # is 267 421 8325. Thank you

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try calling Heartland direct about this before putting your phone number on a public forum. They don't monitor the forum entries 100%. Be advised, however, that the suspension system comes from a supplier and they may refer you to them.

MTPockets

Are you using the same U-bolts? U-bolts stretch until firmly torque'd over a period a time. They should be replaced with new bolts every time they are removed, then the torque rechecked frequently until they are fully seated.

rxbristol

Are you using the same U-bolts? U-bolts stretch until firmly torque'd over a period a time. They should be replaced with new bolts every time they are removed, then the torque rechecked frequently until they are fully seated.

I'm sure more people should check the torque values of the suspension. Thanks to this forum, I've learned to do this and have found bolts that need tightening. I recently checked and 7 of the U-bolts were loose and both front hanger bolts were loose.

hoefler

Have you been replacing the spring center bolt?? It is what keeps the spring pack together and in line with the axle. If you just putting the leaf back in and tightening the U-bolts, you will continue loosing the leaves.