ST or LT Tires?

dougw

Sorry, you did say wheels, I opologise.

In the end, we with 7k axles are all pretty much in the same boat. Buy good under rated tires or new tires and rims, at least with the tires I've looked at. Thankfully for me I have 2k+ on these towmaxx. I attribute that to keeping them balance and at full max air. For me all this is future research and I too do not want to by new wheels.

Sorry again for the " miss read".

scotty

Well Don I'm with you, I would not use a ST tire on my rig.
However, the Goodyear G-614 is an LT tire and I know of at least two that have thrown a tread and had some damage.

Peace
Dave
;)Hey Don, even the G614 Goodyear is a Special Trailer tire according to their ad. Although a good one. At least I hope so, I just purchased 4 of them for my BH at $1450.00 out the door. Didn't really want and ST I too wanted an LT however on my early 06 the wheel spacing prevents using anything over 31" in dia and since the G614 has received very high marks I went that way.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you get your new G-614's the sidewall should say LT235/R16. Unless Goodyear has changed them.
They have always been commercial truck tire.

Peace
Dave

scotty

When you get your new G-614's the sidewall should say LT235/R16. Unless Goodyear has changed them.
They have always been commercial truck tire. Peace
Dave
Maybe I thought so myself:confused:, but the AD says"Special Trailer Tire" go figure. Doesn't really matter to me as long as that ain't China bombs

lwmcguir

Goodyear G614 RST tires are not truck tires. They are intended for trailers only. We have ran them since they came on the market, on trailers only. Excellent trailer tire as they were designed to be.

nhunter

And I read on the Goodyear RV tire inflation page that the G614 are speed rated to 75mph not 65 like all the other ones.