Stab Jack Help

MoraFam

Greetings to all. Please help if you can. I have a 2018 Mallard IDM 26. Front stab jack works fine. Rear jack will pulse while extending and will not retract at all. Used the good switch from front jack on the rear with same issues. Took motor off and seems to function normally while connected directly to a battery in both directions. With the motor off, the jack freely moves up and down manually. When it’s all put together. The wires connected to switch in the middle connectors become very warm to the touch while the button is pressed. Any ideas anyone can think of that I’ve missed? This is driving me nuts!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not familiar with the style of stabilizer jacks on your Mallard but if they are the screw type they do need to be lubricated. Have they been lubed?

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sound like maybe there's a problem with the connection between the motor and the jack. If the motor operates freely when dismounted and you can operate the jacks manually with the motor off, there isn't much left to look at.

With the motor on and using the switch, does it sound like the motor is stalling or does it not respond at all? The warmth of the wires you mentioned may be due to the motor trying to operate but restricted, thus pulling more power and warming up the wires.

MoraFam

Sound like maybe there's a problem with the connection between the motor and the jack. If the motor operates freely when dismounted and you can operate the jacks manually with the motor off, there isn't much left to look at.

With the motor on and using the switch, does it sound like the motor is stalling or does it not respond at all? The warmth of the wires you mentioned may be due to the motor trying to operate but restricted, thus pulling more power and warming up the wires.
When I press the button to extend it’ll do it but it’s pulsing as it extends and retracting does nothing. Thank you