stabilizer post broken?

funntheson

On our last trip, we had some difficulty getting the stabilizers to come up. We eventually figured it out, but prior to that we grabbed the crank so that we could manually raise the jacks. The problem is, there was no post for the crank to fit over, therefore we could not manually raise the stabilizer jacks.

I am getting ready for a 10 night trip, and I am not sure that I will have time to get that repaired prior to leaving. Does anybody have any suggestions for a permanent or temporary fix?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry, I was under my rig this afternoon looking things over and saw a place for the hand crank. Did you look on the door side for a spot for the crank?
Look opposite the motor.

Peace
Dave

funntheson

Dave,

Yes, I know where it is supposed to go, but in order to be able to crank it, the slot on the crank handle needs to fit over a metal post on the jack assembley itself, correct? This post is missing.

I thought that I remembered seeing two different cranks handles, but I only found one, so I must be losing it!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The "post" for the stabilizers looks like the first photo and is on the door side of the rig. The end of the crank rod for it is the second photo and it gets inserted INTO the stabilizer receptacle. If you have a crank rod with a big socket like tip on it, that is for the manual front jack fitting and the spare tire fittings. You should have received both crank rods with the rig. When I got mine, the one for the front jacks was missing and the slot in the one for the stabilizers needed to be reground to fit the pin inside the post.

Boca_Shuffles

If your problem is that there is no pin for the crank to attach to, just a hole in the rod, you can probably get a crimp pin at your traditional hardware store. In the specialty nuts and bolts section (the little pull out drawers for individual items), you should be able to find a number of different size pins. You can then tap (hammer) this pin into the hole in the shaft. The pin is designed to compress slightly as the pin is driven in.

funntheson

The "post" for the stabilizers looks like the first photo and is on the door side of the rig. The end of the crank rod for it is the second photo and it gets inserted INTO the stabilizer receptacle. If you have a crank rod with a big socket like tip on it, that is for the manual front jack fitting and the spare tire fittings. You should have received both crank rods with the rig. When I got mine, the one for the front jacks was missing and the slot in the one for the stabilizers needed to be reground to fit the pin inside the post.

Ours is solid, more like picture 3. There is a set screw, then there appears to be a spot where a peg/post was sheared off. If somebody that has a similar setup can look at theirs, and let me know if I am crazy, or correct, that would be great.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Looks like a design change to be able to use the same crank rod for everything, rather than having two like I have. What you sound like you're missing is the roll pin.