Taking care of warranty issues yourself? Tired of dealing with delership service, or lack there of!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This is true. Pull out a toolbox or empty out your basement and you'll have a crowd on-hand pretty quickly.

How true you are!

Yesterday at the 2015 Colorado Fall HOC Rally in Central City, while I was out dinking around with my Prowler . . . Dan (danemayer) walked up with his small bag of tricks (toolbox) and figured out our issue with the cable line in of our new Prowler!

He's got a tool box for everything!

Thanks Dan!

You are the best!

farside291

If your slides are going out so far as to pull the facia loose, you might want to look under the slide at the brackets and make sure none of the brackets are bent.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Their are 2 big nuts on the threaded end of the ram shaft. The inner nut is used to push the slide out. Turn the inner nut back towards the coach 2 to 3". Run the slide out until the seals are tight on the inner wall. Turn the nut back until it stops on the bracket. Problem solved.

dalspot

We have a friend with a Cedar Creek that is 5 years old. At the F.R.O.G. rally this summer they had 4 windows replaced due to seal failure, along with their steps and toilet. They had a crack in the bedroom slide, and ended up leaving their unit at the factory for repair. I'm so impressed with what they do that Forest River is on our list to be considered for our next rig. Tho at this point we do prefer the features found on Heartland.

Minor repairs does not even come close to F.R.O.G. and what they did. One coach was over 15 years old, had major structural issues and they took it back to the shop - rebuilt the front and back ends (replaced structural beams, exterior fiberglass, replaced carpets, tile, updated faucets - basically rebuilt this one system to new and at no charge to the owner. Others got new fabric for their awnings (even completely new awnings, not just the fabric), entry doors, windows replaced, new steps, lighting and even some front caps. Pretty much anything that was not working or that they saw wasn't to their liking, they fixed and at no charge to the owners. Until your post above I've not seen anything of significance regarding what Heartland took care of. As for the cost of the rally being covered, I know that the group I would have been with had a couple of pot-luck dinners, other than that everything else was provided. Vendors, display units, tours and more was provided - just as Heartland did for this group. I did just go back to their site and see that there was a registration fee of several hundred dollars. I don't know about the Heartland event.

I'm not trying to belittle Heartland in any way - I have only been a Heartland product owner for a little over a month and would not have considered this coach if I did not think it had a great company behind it, but I sincerely hope they will step up; our website and leadership speak very highly of Heartland customer support which is a major reason why we came over to the Landmark. As I mentioned above, we love our Landmark Key West. As with any product this complex it has some issues - they should all be fixable given the right technical knowledge and parts.

ksucats

We had originally planned on going to F.R.O.G. this year but work (that four letter word) got in the way. Then, when we were preparing for another trip this past Spring we found that one of the Lippert Never Lube bearing(s) had gone out - this was in May -- luckily we found that out when we were having new tires put on. Then we had water pump problems. All of this after finding one of the hydraulic cylinders for a slide was leaking internally - the slide would open partially when the temperature changed. Coach was over 10 years old so we figured it might be time to start looking at replacing it. As I mentioned earlier we went to CW in KC for repairs several years ago but working with them previously had already left a sour taste. Looking at a new coach earlier in the Spring, we again visited CW and were totally turned off by them - in fact one of our new Heartland cohorts actually spoke with us while a member of his family was dealing with them on a Big Horn they had damaged. So, long story behind this but we went up and visited Lifestyle dealership just up the road. They happened to carry the Landmarks which my wife and I were really impressed with at the January 2015 RV Show in KC. So, long story short - after many months of frustration, negotiations, more coach considerations, we finally got off the proverbial pot and bought our Key West.