Taking delivery of new Bighorn soon. What should I look for during PDI?

alethaj

We will pick up our first Heartland product the 2015 Big Horn 3755FL on Thursday of this week....We are trading in a Voltage Toy Hauler...we really liked the look and feel of this new coach. Have only heard
good things about Heartland and the Big Horn...any input on special items to review during the walk thru?

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Re: ATF: Bighorn - Thanks

[QUOTE=any input on special items to review during the walk thru?

Be sure the dealer has it hooked up to water and electric to test EVERYTHING! Check for leaks under the cabinets and all plumbing tight. Learn how to use auto level if equipped. Make sure tires are properly inflated. It's really common knowledge type stuff. Be sure you understand how to operate all electronics and appliances.

alethaj

any input on special items to review during the walk thru? Be sure the dealer has it hooked up to water and electric to test EVERYTHING! Check for leaks under the cabinets and all plumbing tight. Learn how to use auto level if equipped. Make sure tires are properly inflated. It's really common knowledge type stuff. Be sure you understand how to operate all electronics and appliances.[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for the input..will make sure they do the water thing...was going to check all the lights anyway, but didn't think about the water..happy trails to you...

RichardC

Just remember... Once you take delivery.... it's you against the world.... I have a 2015 3875 Bighorn... and would love to share my experiences... good and bad.... 810-444-9722 Richard. Have been camping in fifth wheels and motorhomes for 40 years.....

donr827

I would also want all of the holding tanks filled and check for leaks and the operation of the valves for the holding tanks. Have everything that you find fixed before leaving the dealer....Don

Garypowell

Many dealerships have areas where you can stay overnight. And it will take a long time to try everything. Best time ever spent. I have never had that much trouble but it is very comforting to know I have tried everything before I leave the lot.

SeattleLion

We only had minor complaints. Be sure to check the grey and black tank valves. Those cables can get stuck. Also look in the UDC to be sure that no sharp-pointed screws from the basement wall aren't poking through. Open and close the slides several times. Be sure that the carpet on the livingroom slide is not curling. Also check the slide moldings, particularly the upper corners. It can be torn by improperly driven screws. Check the fit and finish of cabinets and room doors.

Just a few areas we found issues.

sengli

I would go as far as having the plywood covers removed, at least one side to check all the plumbing in the basement, especially on the back of the UDC.

Aspenwind

Happy Camper
Ask to borrow the whole bag of manuals several days ahead of time and read through them before the PDI. Make a list of all the questions that come up from that and have the dealer answer them.

Harry1

Along with all the other good responses, take a DVD to check out all players are working. Pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave to check operation. Take a small plug in circuit tester to check each receptacle for power/reverse polarity. Run the on-board water pump and have them explain the water valve operations in the UDC. Close all slides during your PDI and have them re-level if you have the 6pt auto level, them reopen slides. Be sure to walk through all carpeted areas with shoes off. We had to take out over 2 dozen staples that protruded afterwards in walkways in bedroom. Felt like a pin cushion. Fill the sinks with water and let them sit while going over your other PDI items, then check under the sinks for any water leak around the drain fittings.