Tank Valves

Dylan

A couple of my valves are getting hard to pull open and push close. The valves for dumping.... They work, but they feel as though the spring on them is tight. Is there anything used to loosen the valve action? Something that's simply poured in the tanks??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It may not be the valves but simply the cables.
You might try using some spray lube on the cables.
When the valves are open, at the handle end, spray liberally into the tiny gap between the cable stem and the housing.
I do this periodically and it seems to work pretty good.
I have heard that you can use some sort of cable lube device available at a motor cycle shop.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dylan

I just used some lithium grease spray for underneath the slide-outs. Any reason I couldn't try that?

scotty

A couple of my valves are getting hard to pull open and push close. The valves for dumping.... They work, but they feel as though the spring on them is tight. Is there anything used to loosen the valve action? Something that's simply poured in the tanks??

I had the same problem. Used some drain valve lube and it actually worked. My unit is on a permanent site so only using the black tank, but the lube really works. I picked it up a RV store, I think most carry it, just add a little with each dump and it worked. I had the issue of the cable pulling lose from it's housing and did the easy fix and now all is well. Try the lube..

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
All good replys. I would hesitate on using anything like lithium on the slide gears and rams. This might attract dirt. I use motorcycle chain lube on the slides...its not greasy.