Thermostat

edenston

Rotarian / Broker Realtor
Has anyone had any issues with the thermostats in the bighorns...ours's is very sensitive to touch and hard to adjust

Last edited by a moderator:

emery395

Our dometic is also ‘touchy’

sometimes the slightest touch other times a press is needed. Returning to F reading from Celsius takes multiple touches here

SD08ER

Mines will go for cool to heat if you just go by it in the hall way. Sometimes if you close the closest door in the bedroom it will turn off. I am going to take it in to have it check out when my slide topper come in. Hope thay can do something about it.

LBR

Make sure the front bezel/faceplate is not pressed onto the t-stat base real firmly... the plastic tangs will lock in, but then wiggle the bezel slightly while pulling back towards you as if you were pulling it back off. This may help keep the touch sensitive circuit board triggers from getting activated at the slightest vibration/touch.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We were getting the E1 error on the bedroom stat. I read a lot of stuff on the net about fixing this. Our Dealer, sent his Tec to our House to fix the problem. ( 275Km round trip) He brought a thermostat that he removed from a new trailer. He replaced the stat and got the E1 then he disconnected the right hand wire ( power wire) let it stand for 10 minutes. when he re-connected no error until he put the face plate back on. He then got the E1 again. He repeated the the disconnect but did not put the face plate on. Instead he just touched the bar that would plug into the face plate on the "Mode" side button. The screen light up, he toggled through the settings and the AC came on. We have been using the AC on holiday for a week since. The Tec said he would order a new thermostat.

I applaud our Dealer in Rosetown for saving me a trip with the trailer and having someone who can think outside the box