This just in!

pharmafrog

We just took delivery of our new '15 4100, and finally got all of our stuff moved back in. Couldn't be happier. We haven't found anything major yet and have tried almost all of the various knobs and buttons etc... We did have one panel of the backsplash fall down and glue itself to itself, easy fix and replace. Here are my first round questions:

1. How in the world do you keep the upper bunk in place when lowering the bottom for bench seats? Is is possible?

2. Where is the switch for the little light on the shelves to the left of the sink.

3. What is the red switch below the air conditioner select switch? It is a normal light switch, but red and below the panel.

4. When mounting a TV in the garage, are there studs behind the panel or just a large piece of plywood to mount. There was no sticker annotating a mount point.

Thats all for now. Thanks in advance for the help.

Miltp920

We have a 3100, but I am thinking the bunks are the same. We keep our top bunk pinned up high against the ceiling. First run both up against ceiling, then I think I had to just lift the top bunk an inch or less and put a pin in the rails, one pin each for 4 rails. Then the bottom bunk- dinette comes down, and top bunk stores until you unpin it for use. IF you want to use the top bunk, you run the dinnette seats flat like a bunk up to top by ceiling to support top bunk. Then you unpin the top bunk, it will rest on the bottom bunk-dinette seats. when you lower both from ceiling, the top bunk will hit some stops in the rails to hold it at proper position. Congrats on your new "toy".

ILH

Miltp920 is right - there are 4 pins that are used to keep the top bunk at the UP position. Our pins were in a drawer when we took possession of our trailer.

If you need specific instruction, feel free to email me.

jeffdee

Here is a link to the discussion of the bunks in the garage and the pins for the top bunk...

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/39023-Electric-beds-in-garage?p=362534&highlight=#post362534

scottyb

Check your bottom bunk in the bench position. The support legs in the middle of the bench seats have a history of being shipped with legs that are too short. I thought this was a 2013 problem but someone recently reported it on their 2015.

61Hawks

I drilled some new holes for the pins lower down to keep the top bunk up as I am a little vertically challenged and had to keep getting a two step stool to reach the pins.

ILH

I drilled some new holes for the pins lower down to keep the top bunk up as I am a little vertically challenged and had to keep getting a two step stool to reach the pins.
How / where precisely did you determine to drill the new holes? Did you just lower the top bunk and mark the spot? - I think that's how I will approach it. Measuring down may not work in my case as the existing holes do not line up perfectly - requiring us to move the bunk up and down to place the pins.