Three years of "lookin"....order is placed.....build to start mid January......HOW LONG?????

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
My very first post......we placed our order for our BC 3250TS in December after YEARS of shopping and researching!! S/M said production to start mid January. Not that were in a hurry......BUT HOW LONG DO WE WAIT NOW!?!?!?!? :D

Been tent campers for years and cannot wait to begin pulling our 5 star luxury suite behind us!! (just a little nervous about that part.....thank God for BIG PARKING LOTS!!)

2010augusta

Lance, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I believe that the normal build time is 6-8 weeks but it can change depending on the number of dealer orders.

lduguay

WHAT!!!! You mean THEY didn't drop everything else to build JUST OURS!!!!??? :rolleyes:

Might just be a looooong 6-8 weeks. Thanks for the quick reply....we look forward to being a part of the Heartland community!!

olcoon

Once they start building it, it'll get done in 1-2 days, then it's just the wait until it gets transported to your dealer, which may be almost as long as it took it to get to the assembly line!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We special ordered our Bighorn on Nov 23,2010. I'm told it is due to arrive next week around Jan,19. So, almost 2 months for us.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Welcome to the family and the forum from the New Jersey Chapter. I know we'll be meeting you down the road because we have a habit of hanging out with the VA, NC and SC folk!

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Once they start building it, it'll get done in 1-2 days, then it's just the wait until it gets transported to your dealer, which may be almost as long as it took it to get to the assembly line!

Usually a "Retail sold" unit gets priority as a HOT!!!! unit. This time of year is also the busy season for building and shipping RVs as the majority of dealers place their big orders for the year at the Louisville RVIA show.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the HEartland Family and forum. I think the 3250 might be the most popular floor plan of the Big Country line. I know I hear a lot of folks mentioning that model. Enjoy the new rig. Once it arrives. Don't worry, the time will fly.

archbarb

Our 2011 BC 3250TS was about 4 week. We saved some time by picking up in Elkhart, IN., instead of waiting for the transport.

Archie

lduguay

Thanks for all the replies!

Didn't want to annoy Tommy at National RV too much.......the "annoyin" will come at the PDI!!! Our new luxury motel suite on wheels is just a little more sophisticated than our tent!

To sum it up, it must be like having a baby......"it'll git here, when it gits here!!"

lduguay

Got the word tonight from Tommy at National RV......Heartland sent invoice to dealer.....they have to arrange delivery to National were they will prep unit for us to pick up. I was "prepping" myself for a potential March delivery!!.....all of a sudden I have soooo much to do to get ready.....install auxiliary fuel tank....water filters....select storage site.....and LEARN EVERYTHING A FIRST TIMER HAS TO LEARN!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!! :D

jbeletti

lduguay,

Perform a comprehensive PDI and take as much time as you need to do this. Then be prepared to give National whatever time they need to take care of your punchlist. Even if it means leaving it there for an extra day. If you have an RVing partner, consider having him/her video tape the walk-through that the dealer will do with you. As a first timer, your head is going to be spinning and in all the euphoria, your just not going to remember it all :)

Have fun!

Jim

lduguay

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the encouragement.....and oh, the head is spinning already!! Thank God for this forum and ALL the information I have been absorbing over the last few months. I have been driving the DW crazy, but she knows the fanatical research I do will make her life MUCH easier. By the way, I own a video production company....Of COURSE I WILL HAVE A CAMERA RUNNING.....maybe in HD ;)

We do look forward to meeting some of the folks (that I have been "stalking") at future Heartland rallies!! Thanks again!!

Lance and Kem
Pineville, NC
Big Country 3250TS....on its way from the factory!!
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 CC 6.6 D/A, Curt Q5, Prodigy P3 and RDS 60 gal combo tank
(No bathroom stops for us!....all we need is a good catheter) :eek:

jbeletti

Awesome Lance!

Will you be joining us for either of the 2 rallies in NC? I'll be at both of them. Be nice to meet you and Kem and see the new BC. Great way for you both to meet others like you :) Join the club, then signup for the rallies!

Jim

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
And...Welcome from WA State! Great choice of rigs! You will really like Big Country! We certainly enjoy ours.

Best Wishes!

We ordered our Landmark Rushmore about the 18th of December. We've been promised delivery by Feb. 18. They've made some great improvements to the Rushmore so I think it is going to be worth the wait.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome Lance and Kem to the forum and congratulations on your upcoming BC 3250. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we have ours. I call it our "condo on wheels". We would love to invite ya'll to the Tennessee Rally the first weekend in August. There are also 2 rallies in NC area this spring (April), the NC/SC Chapter rally in Rutherfordton and the Eastern Region rally in Cherokee. Check out the information on the front page of the forum on the right side for more information. Now is the hard part - waiting for the new baby to arrive.

lduguay

The wait wasn't long!!! Our 3250 arrived at National Monday!! We would have gone this weekend to pick her up......but, a little snow storm is hittin southern Michigan!! Will head north ASAP!! Going from tenting to towing will be quite a change.....for the BETTER!!!

Jim & Nathan, we would love to meet "all yall" at the NC & TN rallies......just gotta watch my schedule with the JOB!!

This Forum has be AWESOME for a "newbie" like me. Thank you ALL!!!!