Tires

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've only seen one post about a Sailun issue but there have been a lot more about problems with the Goodyear
I currently have the G614 tires and when they get replaced it will be with Sailuns.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

I've only seen one post about a Sailun issue but there have been a lot more about problems with the Goodyear
I currently have the G614 tires and when they get replaced it will be with Sailuns.

Peace
Dave

I too have Goodyear 614s and just replaced them with new ones. Most of the problems with these on this forum have been with older tires. That being said, as Cookie said there have been very few reported problems on these and they are not quite as pricey as the Goodyears. I don't think I have even seen one reported problem. The main reason I stayed with the Goodyears is because of what I have read about them settling claims. The really back their product.

John T Bettencourt

When I change my Good Years I will go with the Sailun as everyone that I talk to that has them love them. They are cheaper in price and very good. I just came back from the RV Show in Fort Myers and believe it or not a lot of new campers still have the Tow Max tires. Gave a couple of salesman an ear full about it and they were glad to see me leave.

SNOKING

Any steel ply tire is going to do a lot of damage if it fails. It is a balance between having GY repair you trailer under a warranty that does NOT include consequential damages out of goodness of heart or a tire that has been noted to have hardly any failures. A trailer that gets 4-6K in damage will never be like new again, so pick your poison carefully. In the past is has been G614's used near their max rates that had most of the failures.

After the fact is not always clear how the failure occurred. Many that claim a blow out may have actually been road hazards that damage the tire causing the failure.

None of this applies to Blow Max's, as they are truly china bombs like a lot of other poly carcass ST tires.

Chris

jnbhobe

I had GY's, had 3 loose the tread at 110psi. GY paid to fix the damage for one. None were a blowout or lost air pressure. I now run 17.5 Sailun 637's at 115psi -120psi

hoefler

When I reshoed the Landmark, changed over to 17.5's. I went with a medium duty truck load range J tire that is rated at 6,005 pounds per tire and wheel. The cost of the wheel tire combo was $5.00 less than going with the 16" tires. To me it was a no brainer.