Top rubber seal loose on slide

willy

I have a 2006 Big Horn 2955RL, preparing to leave on vacation. When the unit is closed, we would get water on the floor when the slides are closed. Tracked the leak to the top rubber seal on the entertainment slide, about 4 feet of seal is loose towards the front. Tried to put it back in...no luck. Is the best way to remove the rubber strip and insert it from one end? Any suggestions? Thank you, Bill :confused:

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
I believe you are referring to the bulb seal that compresses against the slide out fascia when the slide out is closed. If that is the correct seal, it is held on by a track. After we slide the seal on the track, we are supposed to install one screw on each end to prevent it from sliding off of the track. However, if the seal popped off of the track in any given area you will need to remove those screws, remove the seal, and slide it back on from either end, then reinstall the screws.

willy

Thanks Jim, I fixed it yesterday, took the seal off, started it on the bottom and snapped the top in and put in new caulking while I was up there. I'm sure you remember me, Lance worked on my unit a couple of times, didn't strap the tv when he returned it.....still correcting his issues. Thanks for the quick reply. Bill