Touring West Virginia, From I64 to Gauley Bridge to US 19 to Sam Black Church via US Hwy 60.

Cjackg

We will be camping at Summersville Lake Resort near Mt Nebo,WV for a few days and would like to hear comments from anyone familar with this area of West Virginia.

One big question is how suitable is Hwy 60 for RV travel. There are several sections of US 60 that seem to have serious twisties so I sure would like to hear about it before I venture down those roads with near 40' of trailer...

Pizzadigger

Take I-79 north from Charleston to US19... Better road. Route 60 = steep grades and switchbacks. I could do it but I won't.

Cjackg

Take I-79 north from Charleston to US19... Better road. Route 60 = steep grades and switchbacks. I could do it but I won't.

How about the lower half of US 60 from US 19 down to I64 at Sam Black Church ? (We will be heading south when we leave the area)

Any suggestions of things to be sure to see & do while we are around there ?

Pizzadigger

East of US rt 19 on rt 60 is better, still 2 lane and narrow . But the grades are better and no switchbacks. One mountain dropping down into Rainelle is pretty steep and twisty. Maybe best to continue south on RTE 19 to I-64 and then head east.Or continue south on I-77 .