towmax tires

jstewart

Bought a 2014 Bighorn 3750 and LOVE the trailer. My wife and I are just starting our adventure as full timers. Bought the trailer in Nov. '14. in Tucson. Drove home to TX, returned t o AZ in Feb. While traveling to Tucson blew a trailer tire an tore up fender and brake. Review of the three other tires reveiled that at least two were defective. Be very VERY CAREFULL with TOWMAX STR tires.

jimtoo

Re: towmaxtires tires

Hi jstewart,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

There has been some problems with the Towmax tires. I would suggest you call the distributor, Tredit Tire, 800-537-2925. They may help help you.

Jim M

Moving thread to correct area also.

Jim.Allison

Mine exploded after only 1800 miles. We feel your pain.....your insurance will pay for your damage, get a set of GY G614 or The Sailun equivalent, you will be a happy camper. Just collect your new tire from towmax and forget arguing with them.

This same scenario, has been cussed and discussed, to the point, that part of the guys buy the Sailun which is the Chinese equivalent to the GY G614. The G614 cost money, if you got it, then perhaps it is the tire for you. If you are frugal, or the G614s are not in your budget, the Sailun equivalent is the right tire for you.

This message is succinct because this is pretty much the consensus. However if you are an adventurous soul, there are some LT solutions that will do a good job for you as well.

Popping popcorn as we speak! Because, the Towmax threads are quite interesting. BTW, you need to learn some new vocabulary, "Blowmax" and "Willpop" tires.

Once again, we feel your pain.

Bought a 2014 Bighorn 3750 and LOVE the trailer. My wife and I are just starting our adventure as full timers. Bought the trailer in Nov. '14. in Tucson. Drove home to TX, returned t o AZ in Feb. While traveling to Tucson blew a trailer tire an tore up fender and brake. Review of the three other tires reveiled that at least two were defective. Be very VERY CAREFULL with TOWMAX STR tires.

eka217

**** I just got my 2 page final release from Dynamic Tire Corp. After reading it I got the impression they know the tires are bad and don't want anyone coming after them.

Last edited by a moderator:

dbbls59

I caught mine before I had any blowouts. One tire had belt separation and I ordered a Sailun replacement. During the tire changing I happen to notice two other tires had belt or cord separation. Ordered 3 more Sailun and now only carry the Blowmax as a spare. I hope I never have to use it because I have no confidence in it. I have been running the Sailun's for two years now and am very satisfied.

Mrsfish

When we were at our meet and greet a couple of weeks ago, one of our members told us about his towmax that separated WHILE HANGING AS THE SPARE! That's right- this tire had never seen the ground and still separated! I won't even carry one as a spare after learning this. Just not worth the worry.

justafordguy

I got my Sailun S637s bolted on and reset my tpms today. It's so nice not having to worry about tires any more.:)

ericjaime

Hi everyone,

I am a blowmax survivor X2. I blew both on the passenger side of my RV but lucked out and only had minor damage to my fender skirting and it took out a bracket that keeps my aluminum bottom from flapping in the wind. I just had the Sailun S637s installed today, and all I can say is WOW those tires are heavy duty compared to the Towmax that were on the camper. One question to everyone that is running them. Are you running the full 110 PSI or are do these tires have different weight ratings based on tire pressure like I know the Goodyears G614's have. The reason I ask is because my local tire shop only put 100 PSI in the tires. I am wondering if it is alright to run them at 100 or if I should try to find a compressor and pump them up to 110. I do have the shortest Bighorn that was made in 2011 being the 2985RL if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the help

justafordguy

I just got the S637s bolted on last weekend but I put 110 in mine. From everything I've read you should always run tires at the pressure printed on the side.

ericjaime

Thanks for the quick replies!! It looks like I will be putting another 10 PSI in the tires and run them at 110 before our first trip for the year.

I had a blowout with the Towmax tires last week. The tires my have about 1500 miles on them. I want to change to the G619 but the only 16" is a 235/85. My axels are too close for the 85's. looks like Heartland set the Cyclone 4100 up for failure.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Some people say that the tires that are on the trailer when we buy them are "delivery only" tires and they are meant to be replaced buy the buyer of the trailer before we take them out.

I don't buy it . . .

Imagine when we buy our brand new trucks if we had to stop at the tire store on the way home to replace the tires on them?

DW_Gray

Did you know...

That every RV forum has multiple complaints about various models of RV tires? By contrast, there are few complaints about the same tire filed at NHTSA.
Consider spending less time filing a NHTSA complaint. NHTSA does not read RV forums. Complaints may be filed even without recommended details such as the tire DOT number.
Three important recommendations: Take before and after pictures for reference, keep a current tire log in the RV, and leave the emotions out of the details when filing a complaint.

You would think that if there are so many RV forums filled with tire complaints, that the manufactures would do something about it. At the least they could fit the trailers for tires with higher ratings than required to act as a "cushion" so people aren't stranded or hit on the road somewhere. There are safety factors built into every other industry. Why not here?
I did file a formal complaint with the NHTSA, for all the good that might do.
If you consider post about tire safety to be a waste of time, I'm sorry. Just don't read it.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not to minimize this topic but.....

IMHO, the Towmax/Blowmax threads should automatically be consolidated into one, as there are always 3-4 threads going on simultaneously about this same subject. Trace