Toyhauler fuel transfer pump not working

dee004

Hi all. I have a 2014 Roadwarrior Toyhauler. When I press the switch for the fuel transfer pump on the main control board the led doesn't come on and the pump does not work. The fuse for the pump is good. On the back of the switch there is what looks to be a small electronic module which is probably the 15 minute timer. Has anyone had this issue and or have any ideas what the problem could be or know how to diagnose the module? I searched the forum and found nothing related. Thanks, Don

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Have you tried checking the 12v fuse panel? In theory, there should be an LED illuminated next to a bad fuse but I like to confirm with a known good fuse. "Looks good" doesn't always mean the fuse is good either. Please let us know what you find when the problem is solved!

dee004

Have you tried checking the 12v fuse panel? In theory, there should be an LED illuminated next to a bad fuse but I like to confirm with a known good fuse. "Looks good" doesn't always mean the fuse is good either. Please let us know what you find when the problem is solved!

Thanks for the reply Neale. Yes I checked out the fuse and also checked its continuity even though the led in the panel isn't on untill the fuse is removed. I'm going to remove the module on the board attached to the switch and see if my local trailer dealers service department can test it out for me.

Last edited:

PondSkum

have you checked for power at the switch, as well as pressing the switch and making sure it works by checking for power coming out of the other side?? I imagine you've probably pressed the switch a bunch trying to figure it out, but I know the last time I used mine, I had to push the switch multiple times before the timer actually kicked on.

dee004

have you checked for power at the switch, as well as pressing the switch and making sure it works by checking for power coming out of the other side?? I imagine you've probably pressed the switch a bunch trying to figure it out, but I know the last time I used mine, I had to push the switch multiple times before the timer actually kicked on.

I have power at the switch. Funny thing is it's been finicky right from the get go. I also sent an email to KIB Industries to their service department requesting test preceedures or a schematic. I have an electronics and electrical background so I will figure this out When I get back up to where it's located I'm going to make up a jumper to jump the power terminal to the load terminal and that should rule out the module one way or the other. All I had with me this trip was a multi screwdriver and a cheap voltage tester so I was kinda limited as to what I could do. Thanks Pondskum

Ya. My panel is also a bit off on a ‘14 cyclone. As I remember the directions said hold the switch for a certain amount of time mine works after pressing the button a few times and holding it down for longer

so far I’m able to drain the tank once a year to refill with fresh fuel though I’m thinking one of these days I’ll have to replace something. But in the mean time it’s working

dee004

Hey all. Here's an update. It ended up being a defective timer module. KIB sent me a schematic and I jumpered out the module and the pump came on. Just waiting for the new module to arrive. Cheers. Don

LBR

Hey all. Here's an update. It ended up being a defective timer module. KIB sent me a schematic and I jumpered out the module and the pump came on. Just waiting for the new module to arrive. Cheers. Don
Thanx for the update!