TPMS Sensors Don’t Fit

Dan54

The TPMS sensors I received in a kit are too small for the rims. They are the Ford trailer sensors that come with the kit that includes the camera, wiring, etc which works with the led screen on the dash. I bought the same system before & the valve stem sensors fit fine. I’m going to contact the supplier but I wonder if anyone has encountered differing diameters of valve stems in trailer wheels? I thought they were a universal size. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

The factory stems are too small for the higher pressure wheels, same on my GMC. Mine do not read pressures higher than 100 psi, as well. Amazon has some TPMS sensors that work.

Dan54

Thanks for your response. My other trailer is equipped with the Ford trailer tpms as well (2017 model). The tire pressure is 110 which the sensors have no problem reading. The new sensors also read temperature which my old sensors do not. Does the temperature sensing have anything to do with the new skinny valve stem sensors?
Do the Amazon sensors work with the in dash screen like the factory sensors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dwayne61

Check out Dill Air Products in North Carolina or Nichols Manufacturing &Welding Services in Phoenix. They both make adapters for GM ford and ram oem trailer packages. The GM sensors need to be the 4T+ models to read over 102psi. There is a GM Tech Link bulletin (23 May 2023) that talks about how the instrument panel cluster requires a new calibration on the 2020-2022 model years.

taskswap

I have the Lippert Tire LINC kit and those worked on my stems on my Milestone 386BH. YMMV - I don't know if the stem lengths and angles vary between models. I don't necessarily RECOMMEND the product. :) I find the mobile app very frustrating to use and not very reliable. But they fit and read fine...