Trailrunner Mod T2700FB

turkey

Has anyone dropped the gray water tank in a trail runner mod T2700 FB Year 2007 if you have can you give me directions. Have a leak under the trailer and it appears that it's on top of tank no easy way to get to it.:confused:

Last edited:

turkey

Gray water tank leaking

I cann't believe no one has had a problem with a leaking gray water tank I'm just looking for a diagram of the plumbing for a trail runner mod T2700 FB Thank You

Realist

Re: Gray water tank leaking

Diagram?? Just look under the trailer. Black pipes comes out of the sink and goes into a tank.
There's your diagram.

Realist

Lynn1130

A little more detail might be helpful such as, is it leaking from the tank, is it leaking from a valve or some other location. Some one may have had the problem you are having but the quickest bet would be to call Heartland Customer Service and see if they can supply a diagram or some direction.

danemayer

Hi turkey,

Over the past 4 years I think I've read posts from maybe 2 or 3 brave souls who dropped one of their tanks for one reason or another. Most of the time, this level of repair is left to a dealer service tech. I don't know if anyone has done this on a model/floorplan like yours, which might be another reason no one's providing the guidance you're looking for.

Realist has a point. If you drop the coroplast, you should be able to see the bottoms of the gray tanks and the supports holding them in place. I'm afraid I can't shed any light on how the drain and vent pipes are attached. Maybe when you let the tank down they just slip out - but I don't know.

Leaks are tricky. I had a leak from gray #1 that I looked for repeatedly. Turned out the tank heating pad had burned a couple of holes in the tank and because it was intermittent and hidden by the heating pad, it was pretty hard to find.

A leak on top of the tank could be from a cracked drain pipe. On my gray #1 tank, I could see from inside the basement (with the wall down), where the pipe was attached. Maybe you can on yours. Some exploration required.

turkey

Diagram?? Just look under the trailer. Black pipes comes out of the sink and goes into a tank.
There's your diagram.

Realist
Have done that but can't see where the pipes enter the top of tank. Heartland sent me some diagrams of their newer mods was helpful showed where the pipes enter top of tank.
Called dealer they said heartland has been bought out by another company so nothing from dealer he also said could cost upwards of $2700.00 to drop tank and repair forget that on ss can't afford thats why hoping to get helpful Information from forum to find leak.

danemayer

Have done that but can't see where the pipes enter the top of tank. Heartland sent me some diagrams of their newer mods was helpful showed where the pipes enter top of tank.
Called dealer they said heartland has been bought out by another company so nothing from dealer he also said could cost upwards of $2700.00 to drop tank and repair forget that on ss can't afford thats why hoping to get helpful Information from forum to find leak.

Heartland was purchased by Thor about 3 years ago and continues to operate much as they did before. So your dealer is feeding you quite a line. Not to mention that $2700 to drop a tank is simply them giving you such an outrageous quote as to ensure that you'll go away.

Find another dealer or an independent servicer. And since you're out of warranty, it doesn't really matter if it's a Heartland dealer. All of the components likely to be involved are commonly used across all brands.