Transfer switch humming

Gtoli

Is it normal for the transfer switch to hum?

Should I be concerned or plan on replacing it soon?

MTPockets

Mine was plugged into a bad pedestal a couple years ago. My surge protector had failed and I was without that for a couple weeks and it was then the pedestal problem occurred. My transfer switch was making some sounds like popcorn popping for a few minutes until I unplugged from the pedestal. Once the pedestal was fixed the sound stopped. It was maybe four months later the transfer switch died. I ordered one on-line and replaced it and no issues since. I would suggest getting one on hand as back up just in case, or if the humming bugs you.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is it normal for the transfer switch to hum?

Should I be concerned or plan on replacing it soon?

No it's not normal
I have 2 TRC transfer switches side by side the main is humming and the 2nd is not. I called TRC and they said it needs to be replaced. I then called Heartland (Joshua) he sent me a new one but when it arrived it was different from my TRC switch. So after further research we figured out that he sent the wrong one. I'm waiting for the right one to show up.
I you are not under warranty just order a new one and slap it in. I like the TRC product
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=472637&viewfull=1#post472637