Travel Trailer Wheel Alignment

RossRagan

I returned from my 4Th of July camping outing yesterday and today I was finishing up the unpacking and noticed my wheels do not appear to be aligned. The rear wheels on both sides are canted such that tops are leaning toward the right side (drivers side) and the front wheels are canted such that the tops are toward the left (passenger side/trailer door side). The trailer was being turned as it arrived at its final position in my driveway (not rolling straight backwards) since I have a fairly short driveway and the trailer sits in front of my garage's third stall which is offset from the main driveway. Should I be concerned (i.e.; an axle alignment issue) or is this what happens with dual axel trailer as they turn? Should I hook up and drive forward so that I can droll it straight back again rather that stopping in the midst of a turn?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I returned from my 4Th of July camping outing yesterday and today I was finishing up the unpacking and noticed my wheels do not appear to be aligned. The rear wheels on both sides are canted such that tops are leaning toward the right side (drivers side) and the front wheels are canted such that the tops are toward the left (passenger side/trailer door side). The trailer was being turned as it arrived at its final position in my driveway (not rolling straight backwards) since I have a fairly short driveway and the trailer sits in front of my garage's third stall which is offset from the main driveway. Should I be concerned (i.e.; an axle alignment issue) or is this what happens with dual axel trailer as they turn? Should I hook up and drive forward so that I can droll it straight back again rather that stopping in the midst of a turn?

Probably not a big deal but you could always roll a floor jack under there and lift each axle off the ground for a second to relieve them.

Jerrod

sengli

I would say its normal. That is what happens when you turn, these solid mounted axle set ups on RV's. Try turning and watch the axles in your rear view mirror. They track independent of each other when turned.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

All true but hes talking about leveing it parked like that for long piriods of time. I'd feel better knowing things ate in a relaxed potion if sitting a long time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RossRagan

Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I think I'll take some time in the morning to hook up and roll it forward a few feet and then back it straight back to relieve some of the strain on the axles...just for my own peace of mind. ;)

RossRagan

Rolled forward 10 ft and backed straight back to starting point and all is well again. Thanks again for the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk