Tri-Glide jaw sideways movement.

GOTTOYS

I know there are several on here that have had problems with the Tri-Glide jaws breaking or coming loose. I purchased mine at the 2011 National Rally. I grease all 9 of them on a regular basis and have never run it dry. I'm noticing some sideways movement on the lower Tri-Glide plate. My question is how much movement is "okay" and at what point should I be concerned? Is Lippert standing behind these if there is a problem?...Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don, some sideways movement is okay. I don't remember what they said was max for tolerance though.
Keep an eye on up and down movement. My Tri-Glide plate was hitting the jaw.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Cookie and Convert both had bad tri-glides and so did I. Their dealer helped them work with lipert. I on the other hand had to do it myself, It was a real hassle. They finnaly give me a new lower jaw, Try to turn the plate left to right that will give the most movement. It should only have about 1/4 to 3/8 end play. Dave made a video of his he may still have it.

GOTTOYS

Jon, I know you looked at mine at the WI Rally last year and said it was okay. I just checked it and found some sideways movement. Just trying to figure out if it got worse or is still okay. I'll go give it another look. Thanks for the replies...Don