Truck (Ford 7.3 PSD) Water Pump went out today

traveler44

I think somebody was keeping track of things gone wrong with the 7.3 PSD trucks so I thought I would tell about the water pump going out on the old 200 F350 7.3 PSD. We were just north of the I-44 exit at Mt. Vernon Mo. when we stopped and I saw the antifreeze running down the front of the engine and onto the parking lot. I went into ORielly's and ask if they knew anybody who could fix it and they told me there is a garage across on the south side of the exit that might be able to. The guy named Manny who runs Dions Garage drove us over to my daughter in law's and helped me unload the kitchen range out of the back of the truck and then took the truck back to the shop and changed the water pump all for $140 plus parts. Manny sure made life easier for us today by fixing the truck right away because we had to pick our son up from the airport in Springfield this evening. Tom

oscar

Re: The water pump went out today.

I always marvel at the many people out there that "do the right thing". Makes you a bit more optimistic about the human race.