Truck Lowering

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
Hey guys. I just bought a 2008 Chevy Dually D/A-CC/4X4. I am towing a 2006 Bighorn 3055RL. I was wandering if anybody has lowered the rear of this particular truck. I have read some stuff online about using the rear spring shackles that will lower it about 2 inches. That should be enough. I dont think it would ever hit now but would like it to be more level. I dont want to get into any driveline issues. Any info is appreciated.

GOTTOYS

Lowering with longer shackles can change the pinion angle, which in turn will change the angle the driveshaft runs at. It's a cheap way to get a lowrider look.This can cause vibrations and premature wear on the u-joints. A better way would be to eliminate the blocks or spacers between the spring packs and the axle. In doing this you must make sure to use shims at the proper angle to compensate for the drop. If you have at least 6" between the bed rails and the trailer..I would just leave it alone....Don

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
Thanks Don....The problem is, the Chevy dont have the spring blocks. The ford I had did and it was real easy. I think dodge has them too. The Chevy springs sit right on the axle.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Shane, there lots of people towing with the NBS trucks with no problems. It would be easier to adjust bed to trailer height by adjusting the hitch height.

lwmcguir

Hey guys. I just bought a 2008 Chevy Dually D/A-CC/4X4. I am towing a 2006 Bighorn 3055RL. I was wandering if anybody has lowered the rear of this particular truck. I have read some stuff online about using the rear spring shackles that will lower it about 2 inches. That should be enough. I dont think it would ever hit now but would like it to be more level. I dont want to get into any driveline issues. Any info is appreciated.

How far out of level are you when you are loaded and hooked up?

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
I have just bought the truck and hooked it to the trailer in the driveway. I am pulling this weekend. (local trip). I havent really had time to check the level, but I dont think its going to be terrible. A little high but not bad. I am just used to having about 10 inches of clearance and I dont have that now. I will know more after towing. I was just wanting all the clearance I could get obviously. The truck barely even moves when I put the weight on it. I am coming out of a 1999 F-250 so I probably just need to get some miles and get used to having a beefier truck.

DMitch

I have an 08 Chevy Dually towing a 2010 3580. I have just about 5-6" of clearance between the trailer and truck bed. I have towed all over the East Coast and have never had any problems of contact between the two. I was concerned at first also but so far no problems. It would take an extreme situation I think to make the two contact. Hope this helps.