TV switch to retract or extend TV doesn't always work

CeeCee

We have a 2012 Elkridge 5th wheel. The TV retracts behind the fireplace. I always hold my breath when I hit the button to raise or lower the TV because it doesn't always work. Is there a delay or anything with the switch. This past weekend I turned the TV off & went to lower the TV before leaving the campground & nothing happened. I pushed the switch several times & it finally retracted. This has been happening since we purchased the RV & soon it will be off warranty. Anyone else have this problem??

danemayer

CeeCee,

I don't recall anyone posting a problem like this in the last couple of years. It sounds like the switch or motor is going out on you. Or possible a wire is loose. Time to get it fixed before warranty expires.

CeeCee

Yeah that is what I thought. I'll have Harold's RV look at it. I'm taking it there next week for new tires so I'll just add it to my list. Thanks

Gaffer

Please post up what they find. We are thinking about the 3260 which has the up and down TV mount.

CeeCee

Ok, we are taking it next Monday so when we pick it up I'll let you know. Hopefully it is just a loose wire.

Re: TV switch to retract or extend TV doesn't always worki

Hi, we just bought our 2012 Elkridge and we have the same problem. I hope someone can come up with a solution. I can jiggle some wires (don't know which ones, just whatever I can touch) and usually it works so we're thinking loose wire. Glad to know we're not alone but it sure is frustrating(?).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Rockhounders, it is possible that you have either a loose wire in a connector or the connector is not tight on a spade.
If you can touch or wiggle a wire it should be an easy fix.
No need to be frustrated all the time. Just track it down to the correct wire and you should be able to fix it.
Or you might want to just check all the wires associated with the TV.
Please let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

This may be a dumb question but here goes----what is a spade and where is it?

Thanks, I think you are right! I tested it and pushed all the connectors to see if anything was loose and haven't had a problem since.