Two blow outs on sundance 3400 qb and wow the damage

Schmidty

I need to get a new fender skirt, but what is the floppy metal called that the skirt hooks to? Not only did the fender skirt get wrecked so did the floppy metal at the bottom that runs from the back door to the front door (I thought it would be called the fender, but nothing pops up when I google it. All the propane lines running to the fridge and stove got tore off. The wiring to the brakes, well, disappeared. It's a mess.

Lance & Jo

Just finished re-building after similar problem (1 on each side), Was able to find all needed parts at Heartland and Home Depot, Only downside is shipping from Heartland, especially for large/odd size stuff is pricy. J wrap is a common item and you might find some stocked at a local repair shop.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Were the tires "towmax"? If so get rid of the others now. "J WRAP" is what your looking for.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Get rid of the TowMax ASAP! Maxxis is probably a good replacement for your size wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron-Cookie

My rims could handle 110 pounds of pressure so I was upgraded to Sailuns... Your rims show what they are capable of on the inside of the rim.

Schmidty

Fourteen ply 235/85/16 won't fit (14 ply Sailun's won't fit-clearance issues), but I found 235/80/16 fourteen ply tires made by Advance. That's what I'm going with. The tires are basically a small semi tire. They just came out with a fourteen ply in the 80 series a month ago ($185 a tire). They can even be re-treaded (full steel). Hopefully I'll be good to go.

gregattaway

Welcome to the world of the "china bombs" aka towman aka blowmax aka power king aka sour queens ... !!!
Sorry for your loss ... RIP !!!

I need to get a new fender skirt, but what is the floppy metal called that the skirt hooks to? Not only did the fender skirt get wrecked so did the floppy metal at the bottom that runs from the back door to the front door (I thought it would be called the fender, but nothing pops up when I google it. All the propane lines running to the fridge and stove got tore off. The wiring to the brakes, well, disappeared. It's a mess.

Schmidty

The Sailuns are 235/85/16. The 14 ply tires are not curved in on the edge like most 10 ply tires. The extra width along with the height will cause issues. The 14 ply advance tire is a 235/80/16. It will be a bit wider but the diameter will be the same.

Jim Posz

We are on Sundance #2; the first was a 2007 and we now have a 2014. On both I ditched the factory installed cheap Chinese tires before they blew and switched to Maxxis 10 ply. We have had zero tire problems with the Maxxis tires, including towing the 2007 to Alaska and back in 2014. Be sure to have the new tires balanced; not all tire dealers will do it unless you ask. Good luck. Jim

GOTTOYS

I would go with a Maxxis if the Sailun won't fit. Never heard of a Advance tire. It might be okay but it could very well be just another China Bomb...Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have Hi Run ST tires on our 2015 Heartland Prowler . . .

I bought them for our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner when we had the axles, springs, and all five wheels and tires replaced on it.

The shop that did the work for us also builds heavy duty utility trailers and puts Hi Run tires on every trailer he builds . . .

He highly recommended them, so I thought I'd give them a try.

The next weekend we took the Trail Runner to the Colorado HOC Spring Campout at Cherry Creek, and while camping there that weekend, we traded in the Trail Runner for the Prowler!

The Prowler had BlowMax tires on it at the dealership, so I had them put the Hi Runs (with only 80 miles on them) on the Prowler and the BloMax tires on the Trail Runner.

We've got under 1000 miles on them right now, but so far they seem to be flawless!

I'll be putting them to the test in February when we go to the Arizona HOC Tucson Rodeo Rally!

Here they are on the Trail Runner at the repair shop when I picked it up and the following weekend at the Cherry Creek HOC Campout:

AxleRepairAfter-P5090654.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg

And, of course, now on the Prowler in my sig photo!

Ron-Cookie

The Sailuns are 235/85/16. The 14 ply tires are not curved in on the edge like most 10 ply tires. The extra width along with the height will cause issues. The 14 ply advance tire is a 235/80/16. It will be a bit wider but the diameter will be the same.
I have Sailuns on my Sundance after Tredit recommended them to me when I had problems with my original Towmax tires.... I have put over 9000 miles on them and have had not one issue... I would do it again!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There lots of Sundance's that have Sailun tires on them. Don't know why you think they would be a problem. Never heard of Advance tires...you should do a search on them to find out pros and cons. If you have a problem with them...who do you go to for a warranty adjustment? BTW, you said that the Sailuns are wider but, you also said the the Advance tires are wider. Just so you know...if a Sailun tire is 31" tall and a Blowmax is 30"...there is only a 1/2" difference in size for clearance

Last edited: