Two fresh water tanks (Cyclone 4100 HD)?

mixie57

Took the belly cover off and trying to make sense of the mess. In the pic below you see 2 white tanks joined by a green & white flex hose. Are these our fresh water tanks? I always thought there was just one.
9d055f2b520279cfbd33bbb18ef81d75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLHFUN

Re: Two fresh water tanks?

Correct. One overflows to the other. You also have 2 sets of overflow drains on each side and two low point drains. Or at least My 4200 does.

Lynn1130

Re: Two fresh water tanks?

Get one of these. It will be the best little tool you will find for filling. The gauges are inaccurate which will cause you to come up short of water or bulge your tanks trying to fill. I have three overflows with shut off valves on my tanks and they begin to overflow in an order that with this tool lets me know when I am full. A must for dry camping.
http://www.amazon.com/P3-P0550-Wate...F8&qid=1446647124&sr=8-2&keywords=water+meter

porthole

Retired
Took the belly cover off and trying to make sense of the mess. In the pic below you see 2 white tanks joined by a green & white flex hose. Are these our fresh water tanks? I always thought there was just one.

Two 55 gallon tanks.
Should also have a low point drain and feed for the water pump on EACH tank. If not, you will never fully flush the front tank, assuming the rear tank only is the water pump feed.
As long as you have the coroplast down, consider adding a piece of angle to support the center of the tanks. As you see the support is only pressboard, and not very thick.

When I changed my tanks I replaced the OSB with 2 pieces of epoxy coated exterior grade plywood.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11977-100-gallons-of-water?highlight=water+tank

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=135059&highlight=water+tank#post135059

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=247358&viewfull=1#post247358

mixie57

Thanks for info & advice. Definitely taking advantage of the access. We will be replacing the coroplast & the flimsy insulation.