Uh Oh....whats going on with my Levelup? HELP

danemayer

Try going into manual mode to see if the problem is isolated to one jack or set of jacks. Maybe a valve is stuck.

danemayer

It is isolated, how do I "unstick" a valve?
First check the wires for damage or loose connections at both ends to rule out an electrical problem. Second, there should be an allen set screw or a knob that allows you to manually open and close the valve. I think clockwise opens it. Remember it has to be closed before operating other jacks or slide outs or it will extend/retract based on what the pump is doing.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Electrical looks good...Slides work and can extend the levelup but not retract...but does retract with starting AutoLevel (see video). Not sure which "Knob" or Allen screw you are referring to....I am DEF not qualified:eek:. Please use the pics to steer me in the right direction...We've got a Rally to get to this week!!! :cool:
HydrALLEN.jpgHydrKNOBS.jpgHydrOVERVIEW.jpg

danemayer

Unfortunately, Lippert has built so many variations on the hydraulics that it's hard to know where all the valves are and which does what. Sometimes the landing gear valves are located at the landing gear. Sometimes they're at the trombetta (which is like a distribution manifold attached to the pump). The valves for the slides might be the ones with knobs.

Check the landing gear first to see if the hydraulic hoses go to valves at the landing gear. There'll also be control wires going to the valves. If not, you may have to locate all the individual valves at the trombetta.

If your slides have individual switches, there will be individual valves. If a single switch, there could be one valve, or perhaps several. If you have a 6 point leveling system, I think you may have 4 valves: one for each front jack, and one for the off-door-side center/rear jacks, and one for the door-side center/rear jacks.

We do have some of the Lippert manuals here. Maybe one of them will help you find the right valve.

lduguay

Interesting, I can work everything in manual mode...when the "buzzing" starts, I just reverse direction and it will "loosen" up and work. In auto level it gets to the same point in the process (as seen in video) and locks in the "buzz" mode. At least I can manually make it work and will research the manuals and possible get the Sage Wisdom of the Grand Pubba Beletti at the SC rally next weekend!! Thanks MUCH Dan!!!!!

jbeletti

Interesting, I can work everything in manual mode...when the "buzzing" starts, I just reverse direction and it will "loosen" up and work. In auto level it gets to the same point in the process (as seen in video) and locks in the "buzz" mode. At least I can manually make it work and will research the manuals and possible get the Sage Wisdom of the Grand Pubba Beletti at the SC rally next weekend!! Thanks MUCH Dan!!!!!

Lance - I will not be at the SC rally, so my sage advice may be coming by way of Lippert :)

lduguay

Oh well, I'm thinking there might be enough combined brain power to equal the Beletti Sageness at the fabulous SC rally!! We WILL see y'all at our NC extravaganza!!! Travel safe!

Lance & Kem Duguay
NC Chapter Leaders
Waxhaw, NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Rodbuster

Hi Lance,
I had a problem with my hydraulic slides not closing while on our trip out west earlier this summer. I called Heartland customer service and they had me try a couple of things, without success. They then referred me to Lippert. The rep from Lippert was outstanding! I told him that I knew nothing about hydraulics and he spent over an hour on the phone with me, walking me through every step, to diagnose my problem. My problem turned out to be a faulty cartridge valve. They sent the part to me overnight and a mobile tech replaced it. I was back on the road the next day. I realize you have a different issue but I would not hesitate to give Lippert a call.

Hope this helps. See you in SC later this week.

Dick

lduguay

@ Dloebrich, The camper is on 50 amp shore power and battery is fully charged.

Dick, The Almighty Beletti did forward the video the Bob at LCI and they want to send me a pump and relay at no charge so they can evaluate. Fortunately I can operate the system manually...when it starts to "buzz" I reverse direction briefly and the system comes "unstuck". Jim B suggested we get the parts and have a seminar/hands on workshop at next months NC Rally...with all that combined brain power:rolleyes:, all of us Levelup owners just might learn something while working on my system!

Rodbuster

Lance, I for one would really enjoy that seminar at your rally. Unfortunately Fran and I will not be able to attend. My kid sister is moving down to Florida at that time and I promised her that I would help her with the move.

BTW, we are currently at the campground where you are going to have your rally (site 67). Ken and Faye have joined us here for a few days before heading down to the SC rally.
This is a great campground....wish we could make it.

Dick