Update on our BigHorn 3055

RVFun4Us

We just got our 3055 Big Horn back from the dealer after our first trip out identified a few problems. Some were noted before we left and I posted in a couple of Big Horn forums but decided to summarize here. One problem was the inability to get a satellite signal from the outside connection to the entertainment room. I tried several things and Jim Belotti suggested a few fixes. I decided to have the dealer find the problem (under manufacturer warranty). By using the continuity test, the dealer found that the outside connection led to the jack behind the door where the DVD is located labeled Bed Satellite, instead of the normal jack behind the TV. The jack behind the TV actually was the Bed Satellite jack so they had the two reversed. Tried the connection out today and it worked perfectly.

Second problem was the Coby receiver, which either didn't play a DVD at all or would freeze in mid-movie, with no way to restart or skip ahead without stopping the DVD. The dealer replaced the Coby with a Samsung, which plays both DVDs and CDs plus seems to project sound much better than the Coby.

The slow drain on the gray tanks simply seems to be caused by low volume within the tanks themselves. If filled at or near capacity, the tanks flush out very well. It is only when we have a day or two worth of gray water waste that the tanks do not flush well. Don't see a way around that.

The flat spot on one tire of the Big Horn is also a mystery. The dealer tested the voltage running to each brake and they measured out equally. So don't know the cause other than the electric brake not being set properly. But it only has happened to one tire (the same wheel twice). Hopefully Heartland will review the dealer pictures of the tire and authorize a replacement.

Other minor items were fixed by the dealer and we are about ready to hit the road again the first of October and continue enjoying our new Big Horn.

cmart

Well Sherri and Bob we're in the process of do the same. Fall camping is funtastic, its normally kewl, Halloween and Thanksgiving provide some interesting surprises among the campers and it really the last month before you make the big decision; put it in storage or head farther south. We've never got our surround sound to work even after the dealer replaced the unit with a new unit; so much for my dealer.

By the way, Camping World just put on the second a/c, had problems with the factory wiring, but now all is good to go. Can't wait to try the heat strip on the unit on those cool snuggly nights. By the way, Cuddos to Camping World in N. Little Rock, AR for their work ethics and performance.

Dougstdig

The slow drain on the gray tanks simply seems to be caused by low volume within the tanks themselves. If filled at or near capacity, the tanks flush out very well. It is only when we have a day or two worth of gray water waste that the tanks do not flush well. Don't see a way around that.

I had my 3400RL in yesterday while heading out to a job. It was in for a slide adjustment when we all noticed that I had some leakage from the drain pipe. 6 hours later for the trouble shooting and replacement of both of the grey tank valves and I was back on the road...late but back on the road. They found a piece of linoleum in the shape of a half moon 2.5 inches by 1 inch stuck in one of the valves. The other valve had some kind of plastic looking material stuck in it as well. It would seem that this repair did the trick. I was told that they see this more than just occasionally.

Last edited:

Jimmyt5

There use to be a show called can you top this, with that said, I was dumping my shower gray water and I had a clear flush king on it, I saw very small tadpoles in it,I stopped it and called a neighbor to look and he said they were tadpoles, let it drain some more then stopped it and called an other neighbor to look and he said the same thing.
The neighbors said some things to me about how they got in there:pbut I think that the tank was open before it got installed and frog got in and the rest is history.