Vacuum Sweeper

On the side of the step where the hose plugs into the bracket, whenever I pull up the cover to plug in the hose, it opens up about a quarter of an inch and the vacuum starts. But as you raise it up to put the hose in, it shuts off. I have taken it away from the step and reconnected both wires to make sure of a good connection but it does not change anything. How does the switch work inside that turns it on.I basically can't see anything but a small spring that closes the cover. Help

Charlie Harris

Mine does the same. It is supposed to and will start again when the hose is seated in the receptacle. If it doesnt it has issues.

johnjbird

that turning on when the cover is picked up a little bit is so when you sweep the floor you can just sweep it over to the intake and it will suck it up.. It acts like a dustbin. If you look you will see 2 small indents on each side. just pull it out not up then you can plug in the hose.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That door actually has two functions. If you swing the door up and open, you will then be able to plug in your vacuum hose. If you slide the door up, the vacuum will start up an it will be the dust pan.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
That door has a lip on that that allows you to use your foot to slide it up.

So - sweep - use toe to slide up, sweep into the base, use toe to close.

Or, grab the cover on the sides near the bottom, pull open and lift up, pick up the port cover, slide your hose connection in until it starts the vacuum, clean away.
BTW, using the basement connection I can stretch the hose far enough to vacuum the dog hair out of the truck w=once we set up.