Video:Power outage nite lite/flashlight

GETnBYE

Fire safety: while walking just from the kitchen to the door in the dark, I realized that I was stumbling and fumbling around way to much. If I were coming from the bedroom in a sleepy haze/smoke filled/panic, I would never get to the door, much less unlock and get out of it.

Added info:
Most of those nite lites go out when the power supply is interrupted due to storms or if there is a fire I'm not sure if the power or wiring for battery might be operating.

Using the plug in nearest to the door, I simply plug in this rechargeable nite lite that when unplugged becomes a flashlight. It is not large and bulky, just enough light to do what it's meant for. Turns on instantly brighter when unplugged from outlet. And priced under 15.00

There are many brands to pick from, this is the one I got.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V6USJQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_pfJqwbMB6191Q

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't see well in the dark, so we have night lights all over the rig. The blue phospherous kind that don't need replacement blubs. Really helps! But this is a great idea, we never can find a flashlight when you need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GETnBYE

I don't see well in the dark, so we have night lights all over the rig. The blue phospherous kind that don't need replacement blubs. Really helps! But this is a great idea, we never can find a flashlight when you need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your post reminded me of a very important item that I left out of my first post.
Most of those nite lites go out when the power supply is interrupted due to storms or if there is a fire I'm not sure if the power or wiring for battery might be operating.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have a couple of them, don't know if they are the same, but function like that.
One other nice thing is that if you loose power the nightlight goes out, but flashlight comes on while in it's holder.
Always easy to find.
And thanks for bringing this handy item to our attention.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Frank, you know you like to buy stuff. :)

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk