W/H Electric element?

wildwolfproducts

Anyone know what electric element goes in our Key largo hot water heaters? Mine stopped working last week on our trip. Finished out on Propane but want to get it back on electric before we leave a week from today.
Pete

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can either call Heartland Parts, or look at the brand (Suburban or Atwood) and size (I think it is 12 gal) and then go to an RV Parts store and get one.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
BTW there should be a telephone number on the list of vendors that you could call and they would be able to tell you (probably ship you one) if you could give them the model number of the WH

Gizzy

Remove it and take it to Lowe's or Home depot. Should be able to match it and get a replacement easy.

olcoon

There was a thread about an issue similar to this some time back. Possibly there is corrosion on the heating element & if you take it out, you can clean it off with a wire brush & then it'll work.

MTPockets

Are you sure it's the element? Ours stopped working and it was the electric thermostat, which costs a lot less and easy to replace.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you do end up replacing the element, here's a video that may help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBwrOO1h_E0

Checking the 120V thermostat is also a good idea. I was having problems with my W/H last season, running on propane, until I replaced the 12V one.

I've also attached the Installation/Operation manual for the W/H. Page 8 and 9 have the parts listing and diagram. The Suburban P/N for the element is 520900. Probably a 1500W element.