Wall behind TV in 2011 BH3670

Wharton

Does anyone know what is behind the false cabinet back in the TV cabinet in a 2011 BH3670? We are looking into a different TV mount that is on a slide and the slide portion needs to go deeper into the cabinet. Before we cut into the false back of the cabinet we would like to know what is there and decide whether we want to progress.

Thanks

back2nature

It's just a board, at an angle, to hold the TV on a swing arm, and at a down angle, so you can see the TV when laying in bed. It's also something to screw the swing arm into, so it doesn't go into the side wall of the RV. We had ours out just this weekend because we are doing some pre-wiring for the satellite dish that is shipping to us right now. We are adding another coaxial plate behind the board on the ceiling for our extra satellite wiring.

Wharton

I wasn't clear.. I am interested in the wall in the LR. Does anyone know what is behind this fake wall.

ihsolutions

Yours is a 2011 like mine, so I'm assuming you have the 3670 where the TV was up near the ceiling, not lower and to the right of the desk like the new ones.

The false wall isn't that far out from the real wall from what I can tell. I've not had the panel off, but it looks and feels like it's just some framing for the TV mount to screw into. There has to be electrical and cable wires back there also, since the outlets are mounted on the false wall.

If you take it apart I'd love to see a pic if you have time to post one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's similar to the 2009 BH3670 mount, the only things back there are electrical wires and coax cables. When our OEM TV was ripped from the wall mount, I replaced it with a articulating, tilting type mount. To do so, I removed the original thin board (which now had large holes in it) and installed a piece of stained 3/4" plywood over the internal framing. Had to do this because the new mount did not line up with the internal framing, so it extends a couple of inches further.

back2nature

Sorry about that Tom and Sue. I guess I was thinking bedroom TV because we were just working on ours that day.

Wharton

Thanks everyone. In the end we found out how to adjust our articulating arm so it is easier to pull out. We had been thinking about changing the arm totally and the new arm needed more cabinet space as it was a slide out arm. All is well at this moment. Sorry to disappoint everyone by not opening the wall down and posting pictures. We are still curious as to what is behind that wall and would like pictures if anyone every opens up their wall.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Tom, if your TV area looks like mine, then there's really nothing besides the electric and coax back there. The original TV mount was a simple fold out, but I replaced it with a better one from Jensen. I can remove the TV from the wall by depressing a small clip on the wall mount portion. The photos were taken for the insurance claim after the break-in.

View attachment 21130View attachment 21131