Water coming out city water connection

Tweitekamp

Sanitizing water lines. Hooked up city water line with regulator to initially flush lines. Added bleach mixture to water in fresh water tank. Filled tank and turned on water pump but the water is blowing out the city water connection. I took the screen off and removed the spring because there is a check valve right? What other reason would I be blowing water out the city water connection?????

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sanitizing water lines. Hooked up city water line with regulator to initially flush lines. Added bleach mixture to water in fresh water tank. Filled tank and turned on water pump but the water is blowing out the city water connection. I took the screen off and removed the spring because there is a check valve right? What other reason would I be blowing water out the city water connection?????

Yes, there is a check valve in the city water fitting. And the spring can loose it's strength or the seal can loose it's flexibility. When you run the pump, you're pressurizing the system all the way to that valve. Even without the pump on, it the check valve is loosing it, you'll get water coming out. Mine is starting to do that, although I don't use the tank water. I had connected to city water and was running the faucets to clear them. Noticed water dripping from the fitting, so I disconnected the hose to reseat it and got a steady stream coming back out. Played with the valve tab, but it still leaks.

If it's causing a problem for you, you could screw in a double male hose fitting and put a cap on it until you can replace the check valve.

aatauses

It does sound like the check valve. You can replace it without much effort. Remove the panel to get at the fitting---a small clamp/ spring holds it in--just be careful removing it so you do not break it---put in new check valve, replace the spring and you should be set to go.
al
currently in Medora, ND