Water leak at base of kitchen sink cabinet

buztan99

I have a 2009 Razor 3612TS. Every once in a while, water appears at the At the base of the cabinet containing the kitchen sink. I occurs often enough that the wood is starting to curl up on the cabinet walls next to the floor. I have look throughout the cabinet, examining all pluming leadining to and from the sink. There is no sgn of water. The only consistency I can find is that the water appears when the gray 2 tank starts to fill up. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Attachments

• WaterLeak.jpg
    WaterLeak.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 30

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a 2009 Razor 3612TS. Every once in a while, water appears at the At the base of the cabinet containing the kitchen sink. I occurs often enough that the wood is starting to curl up on the cabinet walls next to the floor. I have look throughout the cabinet, examining all pluming leadining to and from the sink. There is no sgn of water. The only consistency I can find is that the water appears when the gray 2 tank starts to fill up. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Based on what you say, you've got a loose connection in the sink drain thats allowing the contents of Gray #2 to leak when it gets overfilled. Next time you see water on the floor, get in the cabinet and run your hands over everything until you find the source. And check the tightness of the sink drain flanges. They're known to work themselves loose, which will put water in the cabinet.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I agree with John. I noticed a similar problem once. Sure enough, the drains had worked thenselves loose. A simple tighening fixed everything. No matter how tight you make the connections, bumping down our wonderful hiways will eventually loosen them up. So check occasionally.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Something that you can do is take a water hose and fill the Gray tank until it is standing in the kitchen sink. There should be no leaks and if there is you should see it immediately.

It is suppose to be a sealed system as are the shower and black tank.

I test them out every month or so. It not only lets me know if there is a leak but also force cleans the tanks.

Thats what I do.
BC

wdk450

Add a little sealant?

Based on what you say, you've got a loose connection in the sink drain thats allowing the contents of Gray #2 to leak when it gets overfilled. Next time you see water on the floor, get in the cabinet and run your hands over everything until you find the source. And check the tightness of the sink drain flanges. They're known to work themselves loose, which will put water in the cabinet.

When I had this problem (loose sink drain flange), I re-sealed with RV Goop and then tightened. A little insurance against the down-the-road-shaking apart (like a helicopter) syndrome. Hasn't leaked since.