water leak at city water tank connection

ksroll

I have water leaking out of the city water connection. I have an elbow connector attached that I leave on for quick hook ups. I have never had water coming back up the city water connection. I recently drained a cleaned out the water heater, but this has never happened. I could take off the connecter and cover, but is there a problem that I am not aware of. I am getting ready for a trip and no faucets are on and not using water pump. Any suggestions on what could cause this?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: water leaki at city water tank connection

The standard city water connection has a spring loaded backflow preventer in it. If it's stuck or damaged, the valve won't seat and any water in the system could flow back out. Remove the elbow and try pressing the little tab in the center of the fitting (may have to remove filter screen insert). If it pops back into place, it's probably OK. If it doesn't resist and just sits there, replace the fitting. Easy repair but the fitting is somewhere around $25 or $30.

ksroll

Re: water leaki at city water tank connection

Thanks, I pressed it and it reset but it is still leaking. One more repair before we take off in a few weeks. Thanks again!