Water leak in laundry room

Bobemuzzy

Can anybody explain to me how to get to the water lines in the laundry room. The access panel only gives you access to the drain. I have a bad leak in my cold water line below the on/off valve.

Bobemuzzy

Can anybody explain to me how to get to the water lines in the laundry room. The access panel only gives you access to the drain. I have a bad leak in my cold water line below the on/off valve.
I solved the problem. I had to cut the access hole 4" higher to get at the water lines. I cut the lines and disconnected the drain. When I took the housing out of the wall I discovered that one of the lock nuts for the shut off valves was missing. Like I said once before the installer puts in one screw where there should of been two and the quality control guy just checks the tires for air before the trailer leaves the factory. After locating and fixing the leak I installed the washer hose housing back in the wall and hooked up the water lines using press on coupler fittings so if I have any more problems I can take the housing out of the wall with out having to cut the water lines.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    676.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    721.7 KB · Views: 70

rxbristol

Nice fix. I know it can be frustrating to have these problems, but nice that we can fix them our selfs--plus, we learn and we know it's done right.

DuaneG

Thanks for posting.

It would be better if quality control caught these issues and we never even knew about them. But like many others have posted that is not the case and somehow people justify it.

bob34787

Believe me Heartland is better than some I have encountered, however it seems more problems are occurring in the new model year than previous years.

jbeletti

Bob - sorry to see this factory miss.

Are you saying that the missing nut was causing water to leak? That nut seems more like a retainer to me.

In an only semi related note - Nancy tells me she things the cold water is turned off on our wash macine. Ugh! I was thinking of cutting an access panel in the commode room behind and above the wash machine water hookup box. But I'd rather not have to then place an access panel in the commode room. May just remove the closet door, frame and the dryer to get to the wash machine water hookups - as usual.

Bobemuzzy

Bob - sorry to see this factory miss.

Are you saying that the missing nut was causing water to leak? That nut seems more like a retainer to me.

In an only semi related note - Nancy tells me she things the cold water is turned off on our wash macine. Ugh! I was thinking of cutting an access panel in the commode room behind and above the wash machine water hookup box. But I'd rather not have to then place an access panel in the commode room. May just remove the closet door, frame and the dryer to get to the wash machine water hookups - as usual.
Jim
No I am not saying the missing retainer nut caused the leak. What I am saying is the installer and quality controll miss a awful lot of STUFF. Those people who do there own repairs find all the missing items that was not done at the factory.