Water Not Working On Fresh Tank

lisntodd

We've been using City water for the past 6 months with no issues. The RV park just shut the water off until April (they shut the water off for the winter months). They leave one water faucet on so people can fill up. Well we filled the fresh tank and I switched the tank lever to "Normal" (We have Normal, City, Tank & Sanitize). No water comes out of ANY of the faucets or toilet. Any ideas on whats going on and/or how to fix it?

Thanks!

danemayer

Ok, so I'm assuming you can hear the pump running. Also assuming the fresh tank drain is closed. You might want to open the drain valve to see if water comes out - just in case you didn't get any water into the tank.

You may need to take down the basement wall and check the pump to see if connections are tight. An air leak on the input side keep it from sucking air out of the tank.

scottyb

If you hear the pump running and confirm there is water in the tank, here is a process of elimination that I got talking to Shurflo's CS. BTW, mine was the 5.7 SmartSense, which I found out has been discontinued. They replaced mine under warranty with a 4048.
1) Check all connections on the suction side, at the 4-way valve, screen, and screen's o-ring. If it still does not pump proceed to next step
2) Disconnect the suction hose from the 4-way, remove the screen and re-connect the suction hose directly to the pump, eliminating all but one connection.
3) Place the end of the suction hose into a pail of water.
If it still does not pump water, it is a bad pump of internal check valve.
If it does pump water, the vacuum break is somewhere in the 4-way or the line coming from the FW tank. I did not have to go that far.