water on top of furnace

rick_debbie_gallant

After poking around in the basement I noticed a puddle of water lying on top of the furnace. Has anyone else had this type of problem with water on the furnace. Almost got my leak fixed on one of the winterizing valves. I wonder why brass fittings are not used when going into brass. Seems like you would put brass into brass or plastic into plastic.

Just have to figure out the water on the furnace thing. It (the furnace) does lie right under the shower. I wonder???????????????

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unscrew that big white thing under the shower faucets and make sure the fittings are secure to the valves. If you've got a puddle on the furnace, somewhere above it should still be wet.

2010augusta

Also check the fittings in the bathroom sink, that is where most of our leaks started. If you have used the black tank flush recently, the while checking the shower fittings, check the vacuum breaker fittings.

lwmcguir

We had a leak on one of the Grey tank fittings that put water in several places you woulldn't have thought it could.

imchud

I'm just sitting here reading some of the post when it came to me.... Do you realize If it wasn't for "WATER" problems of one sort or another with Heartland, this web site might not exist:D:D... NOW, NOW, NOW, I'm just kidding, I LOVE my B/H, so no hate mail please;)

Tommy

imchud

Too true Tom;)

Hey Alan, Its kind of funny (the water thing) when you think about it, (or not).. I see you are staying in Gig Harbor, I just Googled it and man it is up there. What type of winter are you expecting? I live in ohio and just tonight I retired my B/H for this Season:mad:. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving...

Tommy

2010augusta

Hey Alan, Its kind of funny (the water thing) when you think about it, (or not).. I see you are staying in Gig Harbor, I just Googled it and man it is up there. What type of winter are you expecting? I live in ohio and just tonight I retired my B/H for this Season:mad:. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving...

Tommy

Tommy, you missed a word. It was probably either beautiful, green, or wet, if I had to guess. We are expecting a very wet winter with only a few sub-freezing days. Today we had about 3 inches of rain and expecting more tomorrow. As one fellow said, "at least you don't have to shovel rain." it will rain about 27-36" in the next 4 months. I from Colorado where we get about 6 inches of rain a year. A dehumidifier is in our very near future. Too bad you had to put the B/H away for the season, but spring will be here soon.

navyAZ1

After poking around in the basement I noticed a puddle of water lying on top of the furnace. Has anyone else had this type of problem with water on the furnace. Almost got my leak fixed on one of the winterizing valves. I wonder why brass fittings are not used when going into brass. Seems like you would put brass into brass or plastic into plastic.

Just have to figure out the water on the furnace thing. It (the furnace) does lie right under the shower. I wonder???????????????

Since your furnace is under the shower check the faucet in the shower if the water line going to the shower head is on the top of the faucet you will find there is a hole in the faucet body where the fitting comes thru the faucet body. We had this and kept finding water immediately after showering but never any other time. I found this hole removed the faucet body cleaned it up good and caulked all around the faucet body and filled that hole with caulk, it stopped the problem. This faucet is a very poor design and I think maybe they intended for the faucet body to be placed where the hose comes out on the bottom rather than the top in that case the hole would not be a problem.