Water pouring out

My wife and I just picked up our 2016 cyclone 4200HD yesterday. I connected city line water in the RV parks to my Rv water intake valve after 4 minutes water starting pouring out by the front steps. Did anyone else have this problem before?

danemayer

Hi giacalonepet,

I'm guessing you have a 4-way Anderson Valve at the water connection and it's set on TANK, rather than CITY. There's a fresh tank overflow pex line that probably terminates near your front steps.

Thanks Dan, I did change the settings. Water only stops leaking after I disconnect the water coming in to RV. I did read early about an overflow tube which wasn't out of the belly and someone had to cut it out. After disconnecting the water hose and using the tank water only no leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Dan my name is Pete wife Terry

danemayer

Pete,

If you have the valve set to CITY and water is continuously coming out the overflow, there's something wrong with the valve, or the lines on the back side of the valve are hooked up in the wrong places.

You might try all 4 positions on the valve to see if any of the positions pass city water to the faucets, but not overflowing out of the fresh tank.

If you want to investigate the connections yourself, you'll have to take down the pass through storage rear wall, next to the Universal Docking Center (UDC). I've attached a picture that shows which connections go where on the back of the valve.

Attachments

• Anderson 4way valve 2 city.jpg
    Anderson 4way valve 2 city.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 77

mrudick66

I had the same problem with my 2016. The dealer had to put in four different valves before fixing it. They said that possibility switching valve from city water to pump under pressure was blowing out the O rings. Have not had any problems since . Always turn off city water pressure before switching valve position.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
We had a similar problem on our 2016 Landmark. Turns out, it was the Anderson 4 way. The dealer replaced the valve and we still had problems. I called Anderson to get a straight answer. They shipped me a new valve due to previous manufacturing problems. They also stated that you can move the selector valve while under pressure.
I was put at ease after talking to the man at Anderson and felt better about the product.
BTW, we have had no problems with the valve since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefneon

Howdy!

Had the same problem with our Cyclone 4000 the first time I filled the fresh water tank. A water fall coming from the livingroom entrance steps. Heartland failed to route the overflow out the bottem of the 5er. This happens a lot, their quality control sucks.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon