Water tank problems 3010 cyclone

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tootie, it's to late now. But seriously, a quick call to Heartland and you should have your question answered.
Have fun with your new Cyclone.

Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

tooty

Does anyone know if they did the fix on the water tanks, as in draining the tank and getting all of the useable water, not leaving 20 gal sloshing around for nothing. We are picking up our rig on Friday and our dealer really didn't know what I was taking about.

porthole

Retired
Re: New pics of our 2011 Cyclone 3010 HD--With full garage!

The water tanks were changed last summer. They now have a "well" for a low spot.

porthole

Retired
Cyclone water tanks

Seems the thread is missing for the water tank questions.

Here is a link to pictures of the new style tanks

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ble-Discussion?p=139374&viewfull=1#post139374

tooty

Re: Cyclone water tanks

When did the factory make the changes in the tank design?I was told by another member that the water draw issues were solved as well.And draining all the water too?

tooty

Yeah,I wasn't worried I just wanted to know if I had to get the dealer on it before pickup day.Thanks Dave my posting thing works now.

Gramps06

Hello everyone, I'm Gramps. 'Cause I have 9 grandchildren... so that gives me the title... :) Anyways, I've been watching the info on this water tank problem. My background is a mechanical designer with heavy emphasis on plumbing systems design. I have many engineer contacts that I have been discussing with also. I have done some research on this issue and it looks to me that Heartland is in the "grey area" on compliance with the NSF, RVIA, IAPMO groups. There are at least 2 references I found in the code(s) that have been ignored or not followed by Heartland. Also, for the guy's that have modified your tanks, you were supposed to have a minimum of a 1/2" fitting size for any tank larger than 30 gallons. I have sent an inquiry to the folks at Unique Solutions -RV, recommended supplier of the blind bulkhead fitting, to see if they have a 1/2" size. I'll be doing my tank in the next week or two. I am very disappointed that Heartland is not coming up to the bar on this to fix the older model tanks. It is apparent to me that they have virtually admitted they made design errors when they came out with the new tank design that has the low point. Anybody have any other background info they care to share?

porthole

Retired
I have the blind bulkhead fittings installed and have no reduction in either quantity or pressure.

Last edited:

dougw

Off hand I don't remember what size I put in but I seriously doubt that our pumps will pump more than the fittings will be able to supply. So far all has been good since the "mod". Agreed, we shouldn't have had to fix, but what do you want for $50k(g) H.L. should have done the fix.

porthole

Retired
Off hand I don't remember what size I put in but I seriously doubt that our pumps will pump more than the fittings will be able to supply. So far all has been good since the "mod". Agreed, we shouldn't have had to fix, but what do you want for $50k(g) H.L. should have done the fix.

It was a silly design, but I think with our pressure, the company stepped up and corrected the issue for all future customers.

No doubt it would have been nice to get a small package in the mail with some fittings, some hose and instructions to rectify the issue. But I am satisfied that for now I have the problem solved to my satisfaction and that if I get a new Cyclone that that concern will not be a concern.