We are locked out of the bedroom! "FIXED"

GETnBYE

Must have bumped the lock somehow....doesn't matter how.

2016 bighorn 3685

Question; Does anyone know how to unlock this interior bedroom door. We can't find any way to unlock it. The bathroom has a line across it that looks like a large flathead screw driver would flip the lock, but this bedroom door does not have it, nor does it have a hole to stick a pin in on the handle. We can't figure it out and there is no other way into the bedroom except exterior windows.

I am am hoping someone who is camping will be able to look at their lock with someone on the other side of the door of course and share some info.

Thanks in advance.

JanAndBill

Re: We are locked out of the bedroom!

Unless they've changed the design, there is no lock on that door.

danemayer

I've never heard of locking doors either. Maybe the door jamb is binding an the knob is just hard to turn. Take a look at how the door is sitting in the frame.

GETnBYE

Unless they've changed the design, there is no lock on that door.
That was it! I think we are going to have to have our level up looked at. I have been thinking it was a bit off and the freezing cold temps may have played a part also. Thanks all!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

We swapped the striker plate out for a bigger one available from Home Depot or Lowes. Fixed the problem with a tight door handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Wayne and Anita, if you are thinking that your Level Up calibration is off, I think someone previously posted in these forums that there is a procedure for recalibration. I didn't find it under the Lippert link in the Tools tab so, if anyone has it, maybe they'll post a link to it. Or you might be able to call Lippert directly. Their phone number is on the reference sheet in your RV, probably inside a door near your main electrical panel and slide controllers.