Wet Bolts vs. Never Fail Bushings

branson4020

Icantre Member
Orderded these form Tweetys last week, along with a Correct-Track kit. They Arrived yesterday and I'm in the process of installing them.

SilverRhino

Thanks for that info Bob.

It seems that I read in a previous post that Tweetys has an actual retail store in Boerne......Is that true?? We will be in that area in the near future, so if they do I might be able to just pick them up. Plus I could always do a little shopping for some other "goodies" for the BC.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, they do have a retail store in Boerne. But, they may not carry everything.
Give em a call.

Peace
Dave

SilverRhino

Question for those with more knowledge in this area......Do I have to and/or should I replace the bolts when installing the bushings??

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Question for those with more knowledge in this area......Do I have to and/or should I replace the bolts when installing the bushings??

Ouch! Didn't think about that. With Reico-Titan no longer in the picture and Mobile Outfitter's not having a whole lot of info other than the sales flyer, it might require a phone call to them. No instructions available on line.

Well, Stanley, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Give Mobile Outfitters a call.
Sonny is still answering the phone when you call Mobile Outfitters tech. We got all of our Correct Track stuff last week for the store. Just waiting on the bushing sets to be shipped to be in business. I've had over a year on my Correct Track and absolutely no issues to date. Don't know if it increased mileage any, but the tires are wearing well.

wdk450

My installer first tried to steer me to new wet bolts. I then explained to them the lifetime warranty and lifetime imbedded lubrication in the NeverFail bushings. They ended up using my old bolts. I am hoping that the reduced maintenance costs over the years by not having to lube or replace the bushings will more than cover the parts and labor I spent this time.

I don't think you would need new bolts unless they were damaged by bushing failure. Some owners may want to use this chance to change out the shackle links for thicker, heavier, ones, upgrade the equalizers/suspension, or get a Correct Track Axle alignment system.

JohnDar

OK, I received my Never Fail Bushings today after buying them on Ebay from Media Camping Center. But, here's the rub. The price was $71.70 for the two axle set. I just went directly to Media Camping Center's website and they show the same set for $52.01. I've sent them an email asking why the big difference. If you buy on Ebay, you're buying from Media??

Second question. Does anyone know the correct torque for the bolts when installing the bushings? Seems the "kit" is instruction-less.

brianharrison

OK, I received my Never Fail Bushings today after buying them on Ebay from Media Camping Center. But, here's the rub. The price was $71.70 for the two axle set. I just went directly to Media Camping Center's website and they show the same set for $52.01. I've sent them an email asking why the big difference. If you buy on Ebay, you're buying from Media??

John, let me know what they say. I ordered same as you and would like to get a credit if possible. Thanks!

Brian

JohnDar

I received an answer from Media Camping Center concerning the higher cost of the NeverFail bushings at the Ebay link and this is what they said:
"HI , DO TO THE 10% EBAY FEE’S AND THE 10% PAYPAL FEE’S AND THE SHIPPING IS WHY IT IS MORE $ AND WE DO HAVE BEST OFFER ON ALL ITEMS"

So, the moral of this story is Buyer Beware of Ebay deals.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I received an answer from Media Camping Center concerning the higher cost of the NeverFail bushings at the Ebay link and this is what they said:
"HI , DO TO THE 10% EBAY FEE’S AND THE 10% PAYPAL FEE’S AND THE SHIPPING IS WHY IT IS MORE $ AND WE DO HAVE BEST OFFER ON ALL ITEMS"

So, the moral of this story is Buyer Beware of Ebay deals.

I think you have to BE AWARE of certain sellers on eBay just like any place else. I do a lot of selling on eBay and the fees are nowhere near that high. PayPal fees are under 2.5%, the fee to list something under $50.00 for auction is .10 cents, "buy it now" listing are under a nickel. Final selling fees are incremental but still nowhere near 10%. eBay takes seller abuse very seriously and you have the power of feed back on eBay. Get enough negatives and eBay will take action.

KiwiRVer

Hi, I ordered the Never-Fail bushings and they arrived today. I was very surprised to find that they are made of some sort of plastic and are very light. I was expecting them to be made of something like titanium and be relatively heavy. Can someone else who has also purchased them confirm that I got the right product and I haven't accidently been sent some toys instead of the correct bushings. Thanks, Craig

branson4020

Icantre Member
Hi, I ordered the Never-Fail bushings and they arrived today. I was very surprised to find that they are made of some sort of plastic and are very light. I was expecting them to be made of something like titanium and be relatively heavy. Can someone else who has also purchased them confirm that I got the right product and I haven't accidently been sent some toys instead of the correct bushings. Thanks, Craig

Yeah, you got the right thing. I had the same reaction.

rick_debbie_gallant

Second question. Does anyone know the correct torque for the bolts when installing the bushings? Seems the "kit" is instruction-less.

John, when are you going to need some help putting those on? Give me a call and I will give ya hand.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Teflon maybe????

CrazyCooter

I now have both Never Fail bushings and wet bolts as they came with the HD shackle kit. Can't hurt to lube them too.

I took it all apart today to do some mods and the Never Fail Bushings were as tight as new after 3K miles. The brass pivot bushings on the EZ Flex's were shot! with only 4-5K miles on them.