What is the purpose of the blue LEDs on my front cap?

Burtonair01

Yep, that's what it was, another water pump switch! Thanks!

So I have another question for you all, I have bright blue LED's on the front of my 5er, are they for anything specific? They are pretty cool when I turn them on at night but I'm just not sure if there is a specific reason why they are there!

porthole

Retired
Re: Blue LED's on the front of my Cyclone

No real purpose, just part of the wow package.
When on though, you should consider who is directly across from you.

TXTiger

Are these blue LED's on when you are rolling down the highway or just when parked? Not sure about the rest of the country but here in California you can not have any blue lights while moving down the road unless you are law enforcement. My ex girlfriends brother had an illuminated blue Ford logo on his tailgate on the back of his F-250 and he got a ticket for it. Just an FYI.

MC9

I turn mine on during the Xmas golf cart parade.

jnbhobe

They are there to make you look kool !! Hows it working ?? Your looking good from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

No real purpose, just part of the wow package.
When on though, you should consider who is directly across from you.

I have them on my rig, they shine at an angle toward the ground. I was told that they were welcome home lights just to help you I.D. your rig in an ocean of trailers.

I only use mine to see in the tool box at night when hooked up because the lid covers my cargo light. We probably haven't had them on 5 times.

porthole

Retired

I have them on my rig, they shine at an angle toward the ground. I was told that they were welcome home lights just to help you I.D. your rig in an ocean of trailers.

I only use mine to see in the tool box at night when hooked up because the lid covers my cargo light. We probably haven't had them on 5 times.

Maybe Heartland has changed how they are installed. My first experience with them was being across from a trailer that had them on all night. Like have two blue lasers aimed your way.

sJv

Are these the LED lights that would help illuminate your hitch as you hitch up? I believe mine are yellow. Are they still using blue? I think blue would have been way cool!

-steve

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

Maybe Heartland has changed how they are installed. My first experience with them was being across from a trailer that had them on all night. Like have two blue lasers aimed your way.

They seem to point toward the ground. At least on mine they do, but, they are pretty much worthless to me. I would rather have seen them under the awning or something.

rick_debbie_gallant

Yep, that's what it was, another water pump switch! Thanks!

So I have another question for you all, I have bright blue LED's on the front of my 5er, are they for anything specific? They are pretty cool when I turn them on at night but I'm just not sure if there is a specific reason why they are there!

That is a sales ploy. Makes all previous units without them obsolete. Means your neighbor will start looking for a new rig when he or she sees them!

Last edited by a moderator:

BarneyFife

I use mine quite often. Yes, they are the perfect "welcome home" lights like Hastey mentioned. They are great for leaving on at night for security purposes as well. Mine do not point outward but at more of a downward angle.

I've pulled the Cyclone with them on. It allows me to see the hitch and in the bed of the truck without it hindering my vision.

Burtonair01

Thanks for the replies. They are really cool when they are on. I would never drive with them on, I guess the welcome home thing is a good idea as long as know one is parked across from me!

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Well I guess I have to admit, the WOW factor really got me. I have a Big Horn which comes with the Amber front marker lights but when I saw the Blue ones I ordered mine and switch out to the blue. I am so cool when driving at night it is the greatest think ever, almost better than milk and Oreos. I guess I have big rig envy and wantted to look like an Ice Road Trucker, blue Ice that is. Has not got me any hitch hiking girls yet either, so wow effect other than to myself "0".

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Well I guess I have to admit, the WOW factor really got me. I have a Big Horn which comes with the Amber front marker lights but when I saw the Blue ones I ordered mine and switch out to the blue. I am so cool when driving at night it is the greatest think ever, almost better than milk and Oreos. I guess I have big rig envy and wantted to look like an Ice Road Trucker, blue Ice that is. Has not got me any hitch hiking girls yet either, so wow effect other than to myself "0".

Be careful driving with the Blue lights showing to the front. Some states (like Texas) it is illegal to have red or blue lights showing to the front (or rear) as only emergency vehicle can have them. Only white or amber are allowed showing to the front and Red and amber to the rear in Texas. Other states have similar laws.

scottyb

Hadn't given them much thought until I read this. Just checked and mine are amber and face straight forward. They don't seem to put out much light but might annoy someone sleeping across from me. Now I want the Kool blue ones.