What is this thing in the Basement??

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This afternoon I was cleaning out the basement of the trailer. I have the backboard to the basement interior behing the UDC romoved so I could put a heater for this winter.

While cleaning I looked behing the water heater and saw a device that had been taped to the back of the water heater. The tape was loose and it was hanging down.

It has a plug with 4 wires in it and a plasting tubing going somewhere around the water heater..

What is this thing??

BC

Attachments

• IMG_0009M2.jpg
    IMG_0009M2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 295

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Based on my experience with our TT, that little circuit board is the first thing to check when the water heater won't work. If the adhesive tape looses it's whotsie (my personal term), it can drop and pull the connector out. A heavy dose of the Handyman's Secret Weapon will help keep it in place.

When I was snooping around in the basement of the 3670, right after taking it home, the box was already fixing to fall off.

SilverRhino

Based on my experience with our TT, that little circuit board is the first thing to check when the water heater won't work. If the adhesive tape looses it's whotsie (my personal term), it can drop and pull the connector out. A heavy dose of the Handyman's Secret Weapon will help keep it in place.

When I was snooping around in the basement of the 3670, right after taking it home, the box was already fixing to fall off.

All these years my DW has been telling me that I had lost my "whotsie"... and finally I find out what it is! :D

Ain't this forum great!

thomasinnv

Alan hit the nail on the head. it is the control board for the propane portion of the water heater including the direct spark ignition. the 120 volt heater is not part of that little box.

MaiThyme

TX,
If you still have that cover off I could sure use some help in re-attaching all my white water lines to the pump and the two t- valves (six lines).
Refer to our post UH-OH Frozen pipes. (I don't know how to place the link for our post)

MaiThyme

TX,
Is there any chance that you could post or email us a picture of the same area but showing all the water lines and water pump and the back of the docking station?
Thanks for your help.
Smokin'

TXBobcat

Fulltime
TX,
If you still have that cover off I could sure use some help in re-attaching all my white water lines to the pump and the two t- valves (six lines).
Refer to our post UH-OH Frozen pipes. (I don't know how to place the link for our post)

TX,
Is there any chance that you could post or email us a picture of the same area but showing all the water lines and water pump and the back of the docking station?
Thanks for your help.
Smokin'

Well I just happen to have a couple of pictures. May not cover what your intrested in, but if you will check back tomorrow evening I will try to have some better pictures for you.

FWIW... I am getting the Gray#2 cable and gate valve replaced tomorrow. I plan to post some photos of this and will take some close up photos to try and help you.

I am also in the process of putting a Bicycle rack on my Trailair Pin Box. I am using Terry H's design. Will post some photos of this installation also when it is finished.. I have to thank Terry for his help.

BC

Attachments

• IMG_0007M.jpg
    IMG_0007M.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0008M.jpg
    IMG_0008M.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 115

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wow! That's a bunch of just plain white lines. Now I see why MaiThyme is having so much trouble. Mine are all Blue or Red (except for the winterization line).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am also in the process of putting a Bicycle rack on my Trailair Pin Box. I am using Terry H's design. Will post some photos of this installation also when it is finished.. I have to thank Terry for his help.

BC
Bobcat, I copied Terrys rack as well. I just installed it in Dec. right before we left for TX. We will have to compare installations in Kerrville.

Peace
Dave

caissiel

The pics show that this trailer has no bypass line valves that I can see.
looks like the by-pass valves are on the tank.

caissiel

I have pics of mine on the other PC and when I get it on line I will try to send some pics on the forum.

porthole

Retired
I took this hose and snaked it down behind the UDC and into the area where the hoses come up through the bottom.

Don't know if it is the same on the other models, but on the Cyclones the aluminum sides wrap around the bottom to the frame. This leaves an area that is enclosed when the caps are in place and is where I store the winterizing and another short hose.

1st pic is Bob's, 2nd is my hose and the 3rd is the wrap I am referring to (other side though).

Attachments

• Gas Line.JPG
    Gas Line.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 81
  • winterizing hose.JPG
    winterizing hose.JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0008M.jpg
    IMG_0008M.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 80

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I don't know if these will help because the place is so conjested with water lines and cables, it is difficult to keep track of where they all go.

However here are some pictures of the water lines in my basement.

Hope this helps.

BC

Attachments

• IMG_0010 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0010 [800x600].JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0009 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0009 [800x600].JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0008 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0008 [800x600].JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0007 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0007 [800x600].JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0006 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0006 [800x600].JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0005 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0005 [800x600].JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0004 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0004 [800x600].JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0003 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0003 [800x600].JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0002 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0002 [800x600].JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0001 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0001 [800x600].JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0011 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0011 [800x600].JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 44

MaiThyme

Thanks TX for taking the time to send us the pics. I'll show my hubby the pics and hopefully we can get things hooked up correctly. We are hooked up to city water now, but we still need to get the hook up right for the pump, winterizing and for boondocking. Thanks again for your help.

ChopperBill

Wow! That's a bunch of just plain white lines. Now I see why MaiThyme is having so much trouble. Mine are all Blue or Red (except for the winterization line).

The older models are SUPPOSE to red lettering on the hot lines and blue lettering on the cold lines.