What length springs do I need?

GOTTOYS

I have a Big Country 3250. It has 6,000# axles with Lippert Equa-Flex equalizers. I have a kit from Dexter that I bought for my last trailer and never used. It has wet bolts and Dexter EZ-Flex equalizers, which look a little stronger to me. I would also like to replace my springs as I have about a 1 1/2" sag on the street side. My Dexter kit is made for up to 6,000# axles with a 33" axle spacing. I have read on here recently that there may be a difference in the spring hanger spacing between Lippert and Dexter suspension. My local Dexter parts dealer says there are 3 different spring lengths available to replace my Lippert springs with new ones from Dexter. In the end I would like to end up with new Dexter springs and new Dexter EZ-Flex equalizers to replace my current Lippert components..Has anybody done a conversion like this and if so: (A) What length springs do I need? (B) How do I get myself in these predicaments? (C) Why can't I just leave well enough alone?..at least until it breaks...Don :confused:

Last edited:

GOTTOYS

Thank you Dan, That's exactly what I was looking for...Now to crawl under it with a tape measure and check it out...Don

SilverRhino

Don,

Let us know what you find out......I too have a 3250 and plan on changing the spring set up. I know this has probably been discussed before, but are the Dexter springs made of better steel than the Lippert springs?

Randy

lwmcguir

Don,

Let us know what you find out......I too have a 3250 and plan on changing the spring set up. I know this has probably been discussed before, but are the Dexter springs made of better steel than the Lippert springs?

Randy
Spring steel is made to the same specs by different manufactures. Unfortunately most of the high grade steel/pipe/tubing and so on isn't founded produced here anymore. Most of Lippert spring leaves do come from China. Not sure where all of Dexter's comes from. We did put 4000# Lippert springs on a couple of years ago and they are holding up perfectly with no measured deflection from the original installation measurements.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We replaced our springs prior to upgrading axles. We have Emco springs, made in USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk